MLB HOT STOVE

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
VERY HAPPY

I LOVED how the Players Association nixed the plan and then put it to the players who overwhelmingly voted in favor. They got the minimum salary increased and escalated, service time manipulation will be lessened, limits on how many times a player can be sent up/down, competetive balance issues have been improved (though not solved) and an expanded, but not insane amount of playoff teams

As for the owners, those rich ba$tards win no matter what....they make more, players should as well......

GO BASEBALL!!!!

I can't WAIT for my Phils to disappoint me this summer!!!

Beirne

Elite Member
BASEBALL IS BACK FELLAS!!!! @Half-baked Mcbride @buckwheat @Beirne @Newboy @Mike T @BaNgMyPrOgRaM @RonnieDobbs

I'm just gonna say this now.... I don't care what happens this year, Braves got me a World Series this past year in the most unbelievable miracle like fashion! However, I do hope we are at least competitive & in the playoff hunt, even if we don't make it. I don't wanna be completely terrible lol.

I just hope... SOME HOW, SOME WAY... we can keep Freddie Freeman, but I'm nervous bout it.
I hear you man. I remember after our 2011 series it took me a few years to really get the competitive baseball juices flowing again. Good luck this year. I’m just glad they worked out their issues so that we’ve got something to turn to whenever the VCU Basketball ride ends.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I hear you man. I remember after our 2011 series it took me a few years to really get the competitive baseball juices flowing again. Good luck this year. I’m just glad they worked out their issues so that we’ve got something to turn to whenever the VCU Basketball ride ends.
No kidding. I was wondering what my June-August was gonna be looking like for a while. At least when VCU’s season ended I’d still have Bones and the Nuggets to watch (plus my Heat)… but after that… what the heck was I gonna do. Now I ain’t gotta worry bout that.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
ITS OPENING DAY!!!!!!.... you know what that means.... Time for my preseason predictions.

AL Playoff Predictions
1. Toronto Blue Jays (AL East Winner)
2. Oakland Athletics (AL West Winner)
3. Chicago White Sox (AL Central Winner)
4. Los Angeles Angels (Wildcard)
5. Houston Astros (Wildcard)
6. Tampa Bay Rays (Wildcard)

NL Playoff predictions
1. Atlanta Braves (NL East Winner)
2. Los Angeles Dodgers (NL West Champ)
3. St. Louis Cardinals (NL Central Champ)
4. San Francisco Giants (Wild Card)
5. Milwaukee Brewers (Wild Card)
6. Philadelphia Phillies (Wildcard)

ALCS Prediction
Toronto Blue Jays over Oakland Athletics

NLCS Prediction
Atlanta Braves over Los Angeles Dodgers

World Series
Atlanta Braves over Toronto Blue Jays

Mike T

Elite Member
Insider
ITS OPENING DAY!!!!!!.... you know what that means.... Time for my preseason predictions.

AL Playoff Predictions
1. Toronto Blue Jays (AL East Winner)
2. Oakland Athletics (AL West Winner)
3. Chicago White Sox (AL Central Winner)
4. Los Angeles Angels (Wildcard)
5. Houston Astros (Wildcard)
6. Tampa Bay Rays (Wildcard)

NL Playoff predictions
1. Atlanta Braves (NL East Winner)
2. Los Angeles Dodgers (NL West Champ)
3. St. Louis Cardinals (NL Central Champ)
4. San Francisco Giants (Wild Card)
5. Milwaukee Brewers (Wild Card)
6. Philadelphia Phillies (Wildcard)

ALCS Prediction
Toronto Blue Jays over Oakland Athletics

NLCS Prediction
Atlanta Braves over Los Angeles Dodgers

World Series
Atlanta Braves over Toronto Blue Jays
I think you forgot about some team from New York that plays in the NL East

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I think you forgot about some team from New York that plays in the NL East
there's a reason for that..... until the mets show me they are more than just a first 2 month of the season team..... then maybe ill take em seriously.

buckwheat

Elite Member
So….
@SumRamGoodBball @RowdyPkunk @Half-baked Mcbride @Beirne

My O’s are hanging tough. Gunnar Henderson named top prospect in MLB. Still a top 5 farm system, and in a playoff race. Now, I do realize this is not the year. Of course. I’m thinking 2024 is when things get real. BUT….

Adley Rutschman. Team record has soared since he was called up. He’s the real deal. Doubles machine, walks, handles pitchers very well. Homers will come. Mark my words: He WILL be the best catcher in baseball next season. He might be right now. What do you do with a guy like this? Pay out 200/300 million now?

Either way, exciting times in Birdland!

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
VERY excited for these young O's....If they can get some pitching?? AL East is gonna be a beast

As for my Phils in the current beastly NL East? Man, I've enjoyed most all of this season. Injuries aside, watching Alec Bohm's growth and Schwarbombs has been very entertaining. If Nicky C remembers how to hit once Harper comes back? We got a punchers chance. I'm loving our rotation, and god help us all, the bullpen has actually solidified into an actual bullpen.

As for the Phils game last night in NYC?? Scherzer v Ranger?? Woooooooo, what a great game!! DeGrom and Nola tonight......Hey @Mike T ....I can't WAIT for the Mets to blow it when it matters most...What will Keith Hernandez say then?!?!?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Baseball IS and will CONTINUE to be the BEST and most PERFECT game ever created.

Oh, and that Tatis news is BONKERS....what a meathead

buckwheat

Elite Member
Yep! Phils are hanging tough as well, despite some injuries. It’ll be interesting to see what they can do down the stretch.