MLB HOT STOVE

Beirne

Elite Member
Baltimore-Orioles-Logo-history.jpg

I'm ALWAYS happy to see that the St. Louis Browns are doing well in the AL East! :D
That said, I'm very happy that my Cards didn't sell the farm and go all in on Juan Soto! We did our usual Cardinals thing, signing two pitchers and a reliever. It was a low-key move after all the media hype, but filled our desperate need. Both starting pitchers have each won two games since the trade. Hopefully we're positioned for a postseason run this year, and will remain in the picture for years to come because of whom we did not give up!

Beirne

Elite Member
Baltimore-Orioles-Logo-history.jpg

I'm ALWAYS happy to see that the St. Louis Browns are doing well in the AL East! :D
That said, I'm very happy that my Cards didn't sell the farm and go all in on Juan Soto! We did our usual Cardinals thing, signing two pitchers and a reliever. It was a low-key move after all the media hype, but filled our desperate need. Both starting pitchers have each won two games since the trade. Hopefully we're positioned for a postseason run this year, and will remain in the picture for years to come because of whom we did not give up!P
PS - that '52-53 mascot is disturbing! I actually never knew that the Billiken was used as a St Louis Browns mascot!

Ramdog

Elite Member
VERY excited for these young O's....If they can get some pitching?? AL East is gonna be a beast

As for my Phils in the current beastly NL East? Man, I've enjoyed most all of this season. Injuries aside, watching Alec Bohm's growth and Schwarbombs has been very entertaining. If Nicky C remembers how to hit once Harper comes back? We got a punchers chance. I'm loving our rotation, and god help us all, the bullpen has actually solidified into an actual bullpen.

As for the Phils game last night in NYC?? Scherzer v Ranger?? Woooooooo, what a great game!! DeGrom and Nola tonight......Hey @Mike T ....I can't WAIT for the Mets to blow it when it matters most...What will Keith Hernandez say then?!?!?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Baseball IS and will CONTINUE to be the BEST and most PERFECT game ever created.

Oh, and that Tatis news is BONKERS....what a meathead
My dodgers just finished the best 162 games record stretch in the modern era… 118-44… and there staff is not all back yet …they are a juggernaut

Tatis did the padres no favor after acquiring Soto …not that they were going to catch the Dodgers

Ramdog

Elite Member
Well i jinxed the boys in blue…walker buehler to have season ending surgery

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Finally Braves Showed up last night & waxed the Mets. Hoping we can get the W tonight with Morton on the mound.... but I feel like we prob used all our offense last night. And with Odorizzi going tomorrow night against Scherzer (almost certainly an L).... and Wright going against Degrom on Thursday (Toss up... depends on which Wright shows up)... tonight could be huge just to make sure we get at least a split with the Mets in this series.

We're 4.5 back coming into today... if we salvage at least a 2-2 split in this series.... the most we can end up back in 5.5. If we lose the last 3 games we'll be 7.5 back & will need a lot of help... especially with Houston coming to town right after this.

ideally we need to take at least 3 of 4 from the mets

Mike T

Elite Member
Insider
VERY HAPPY

I LOVED how the Players Association nixed the plan and then put it to the players who overwhelmingly voted in favor. They got the minimum salary increased and escalated, service time manipulation will be lessened, limits on how many times a player can be sent up/down, competetive balance issues have been improved (though not solved) and an expanded, but not insane amount of playoff teams

As for the owners, those rich ba$tards win no matter what....they make more, players should as well......

GO BASEBALL!!!!

I can't WAIT for my Phils to disappoint me this summer!!!
All Keith needs to say is 14-5 against the Phil's this year! 🤣 How soft are Phillies fans that they can't take a little criticism from a Gold Glover?
It's been a fun season & those Braves just won't go away, but no matter what happens, this Mets team is solid with a real manager, so those of you waiting for a collapse, I wouldn't hold my breath. That's not to say this division is over, but if the Braves do pass the Mets, it'll be the result of the Braves playing incredible baseball & not the Mets losing 10 out of 12.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Never really been a fan of the Cardinals.... and have absolutely despised them since the stupid "In-Field Fly" BULL$#!t..... but I've always liked Pujols. Classy dude, incredible player. Only times I would say I "Hate" him is when hes at the plate hitting dingers against my team lol.

Wish his time with the Angels woulda gone better.... woulda been cool to see him, Trout & Ohtani revitalize that team that's been in the dumps for a decade plus now.... but it's only fitting he got to hit #700 back with his old team.

Wish he had 2-3 more years in him... he could give Bonds a run for his money in the all time home run category.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
I'm looking forward to the Phils makin the playoffs and then promptly sh1tting themselves :lol:

Seriously though,IF they can get guys healthy AND 3 out of our Big 5 bats can hit at the same time? We could squeeze past a team into the next round.

and YES!! Baseball is the BEST!!!!