Players Most Fun to Watch

RAM7889

Top Member
Insider
Apr 20, 2009
My favorite player to watch was the one that was having a stellar game night. It seemed like every game featured a breakout player and I just enjoyed watching that player being heralded by the fans as the star and hero for the night. Sometimes there was more than one, but the standout player may have been one that you least expected because of his inexperience with the team. Every player contributes to the win, but, sometimes, there is a standout player that keeps the motor running, particularly when the game looks like its about to slip away from us. I hope that every player experiences at least one night in their basketball career where they are the MVP of the game. I have difficulty picking a specific player as a favorite to watch because I do see the team as one, however, I have enjoyed watching MSS and Vince. I describe them as wolves in sheep's clothing because they are as genuinely nice and gentle on the outside but stone-cold killas on the inside!
Me too! I love players like Jesse Pelot Rosa, Dougie Brooks and IV! But it is hard to only watch a few RAMS we have had sooo many great players over the years I just want to watch them all!!!! Go RAMS! This may possibly be the best season ever!!!!

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Me too! I love players like Jesse Pelot Rosa, Dougie Brooks and IV! But it is hard to only watch a few RAMS we have had sooo many great players over the years I just want to watch them all!!!! Go RAMS! This may possibly be the best season ever!!!!
Careful. There are anti Kool-Aid forces around.

Reactions: RAM7889

VCJEW

Top Member
Apr 11, 2013
My favorite to watch was bri because I could watch a replay 10 times in slow motion and still not understand how he got the steal. Just the sliding steal aganist gmu. How could you not watch that over and over and over. His enthusiasm and passion made every play exciting. 100% the embodiment of Havoc. There will never be another like him.

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2 and VCU74

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Willie Taylor (Kendrick close but Willie could also excite with his jumper from deep) then.

Jenkins now.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
My favorite to watch was bri because I could watch a replay 10 times in slow motion and still not understand how he got the steal. Just the sliding steal aganist gmu. How could you not watch that over and over and over. His enthusiasm and passion made every play exciting. 100% the embodiment of Havoc. There will never be another like him.
That was pretty sweet:)

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2 and PRock
May 4, 2012
If we're digging back i loved watching Phil Stinney and Calvin Duncan. Warren was just absurdly gifted athletically but those other two were jyst brilliamt smart and determined.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
If we're digging back i loved watching Phil Stinney and Calvin Duncan. Warren was just absurdly gifted athletically but those other two were jyst brilliamt smart and determined.
Stinnie is the most offensively well-rounded front player I've seen in a vcu uniform. Dude did everything.

Sr. Year. 23.6 ppg. 6.8 rpg, 48.1 % fg pct., 33.7 % from 3 (when. 3 pt line was just installed), 82.5% ft line.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Phil could do it all. Among the most dangerous players we've had from all spots on the floor. That 3 from the wing corner made him lethal. He's in my 5 all time favorites to watch.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I'm going with the easy one, Maynor. I don't think we ever had a player who totally controlled the game from an offensive stand point like Maynor did. Nor do I think we ever had a player put the team on his back for as long as Maynor did and achieve the level of success he had.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I'm going with the easy one, Maynor. I don't think we ever had a player who totally controlled the game from an offensive stand point like Maynor did. Nor do I think we ever had a player put the team on his back for as long as Maynor did and achieve the level of success he had.
No moment was ever too big for him. End of mason game was like fiction...no way that really happened