Nashville/Vanderbilt road trip thread (Wed, 11/17/21)

VCU Heel

Top Member
Reaction score
This will be the thread for posting plans for a 2-4 day road trip for the game. People can join for any amount of time that fits their schedule.

Let’s get a section of good seats as close together as possible to make our presence know.

Let’s try to stay in hotels that are close together. I’ll preface this by saying I’d like to stay in a nice place that’s downtown and close to the bar and restaurant screen.

And we can work on putting together a fun to-do list. Input from people familiar with Nashville is appreciated, even if you won’t be there for the game.

I’ll do my best to keep the top of the thread update.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
Reaction score
I know people in Nashville. A former WWBT cohort lives there. She is into the music scene down there. An ex also lives there but I doubt I will contact her.

Newboy

Top Member
Reaction score
I'm game. Looked at hotel and flight for around $500 give or take $100 or so.. Was thinking about heading down Tuesday and heading back Thursday.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Reaction score
I was thinking Wednesday through Friday or Saturday to get more weekend nights and make sure any hangover are in the days after the game.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Reaction score
Staying out near the Grand Ole Op at a Wyndham resort. Got a Two Bedroom for less than $100 a night( hard to pass on $50 a night per couple and we have stayed there before. Will be there Tuesday through Friday. That allows me to get back home for the Saturday game and get read to leave out again in a few days to Atlantis. Highly recommend a breakfast at Brass Tap by campus.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Reaction score
Staying out near the Grand Ole Op at a Wyndham resort. Got a Two Bedroom for less than $100 a night( hard to pass on $50 a night per couple and we have stayed there before. Will be there Tuesday through Friday. That allows me to get back home for the Saturday game and get read to leave out again in a few days to Atlantis. Highly recommend a breakfast at Brass Tap by campus.
It would be nice to know the time of that Saturday game to help decide on coming back Friday versus Saturday. I’m thinking Friday night out in Nashville would be fun.

Is there a lot to do near Grand Ole Op? Other than Grand Ole Op because that’s not exactly my thing.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Reaction score
It would be nice to know the time of that Saturday game to help decide on coming back Friday versus Saturday. I’m thinking Friday night out in Nashville would be fun.

Is there a lot to do near Grand Ole Op? Other than Grand Ole Op because that’s not exactly my thing.
Not nearly as much as downtown but Nashville is a fairly easy city to commute around 15 min roughly from the Wyndham to Broadway

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Reaction score
This will be the thread for posting plans for a 2-4 day road trip for the game. People can join for any amount of time that fits their schedule.

Let’s get a section of good seats as close together as possible to make our presence know.

Let’s try to stay in hotels that are close together. I’ll preface this by saying I’d like to stay in a nice place that’s downtown and close to the bar and restaurant screen.

And we can work on putting together a fun to-do list. Input from people familiar with Nashville is appreciated, even if you won’t be there for the game.

I’ll do my best to keep the top of the thread update.

With your unc connections. Can you just call Jerry Stackhouse and score us about 300 free tickets?