NCAA announces Student Athlete Compensation Allowed

Steve Roadcap

Top Member
Oct 18, 2015
Why don’t we also just implement a college draft of high school seniors. How much is a college education worth: I would have been tickled to get a four year free ride. I got a partial scholarship from VCU of $400 per semester (a real whopping amount), but to say the least, I appreciated it. Today’s free ride is worth thousand and thousands of dollars. I have no problem with the University paying a monthly stipend but that should be all they receive in lieu of having the ability to receive a free 4 yr. education.

Reactions: duncanlamb

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
So... question...

"announces Student Athlete Compensation Allowed"
~or~
"taking another step closer towards allowing "?

It's not both. It's one or the other.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

Steve Roadcap

Top Member
Oct 18, 2015
Sigh, this will destroy modern college basketball. Schools with the most exposure will fetch the best deals for their athletes. I mean this already happens, but it will be exasperated to the extreme.
Just a case of the deep pockets getting deeper to the detriment of the lower tier teams.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Wow, if this goes through, DL and that other guy can hire Djonkam for promo work.

Dec 2, 2012
I will take a gold Bones jersey!
https://www.richmond.com/sports/col...cle_154a6b3e-6ae0-5576-8d97-db15c70d1d8d.html

Well it looks like we can look forward to officially licensed Bones apparel, assuming he is so inclined.

But while Bones will have the right to profit off his likeness it can't be something that has the school logo on it.
A black and Gold jersey with his number and a skeleton logo would probably be OK.

I an easily see this leading to a few things.
One: P5 conferences having an issue with someone making a bootleg shirt that uses a players likeness
Two: More hype conscious and brand conscious athletes who will develop nicknames and logos in high school.
I wonder if an AAU coach will get a kickback for steering a kid to a graphic design firm?
Oh, and i bet some p5 school alumni group will have an under the table agreement to buy 10,000 t-shirts from some kid.

Mar 1, 2015
Why don’t we also just implement a college draft of high school seniors. How much is a college education worth: I would have been tickled to get a four year free ride. I got a partial scholarship from VCU of $400 per semester (a real whopping amount), but to say the least, I appreciated it. Today’s free ride is worth thousand and thousands of dollars. I have no problem with the University paying a monthly stipend but that should be all they receive in lieu of having the ability to receive a free 4 yr. education.
I think you should be compensated less for whatever you do. Maybe it’s more than me, in that case I’m jealous that I didn’t get in on it. Maybe it’s less, in that case I just want to dump on you for no good reason. Maybe you would like a second job that has nothing to do with the first, you shouldn’t be allowed because I feel like someone should have greater control of your life, even if it has nothing to do with them, or me. If someone gets a full scholarship to VCU for anything, they shouldn’t have it, because it is more than I got.