New Litos!

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Yep it makes no sense. System is biased.
I think part of the problem is on the weekly ranking system. - I don't know how but it is used for determination of SOS, RPI, NET, etc.....or some type of ranking system has to be used to determine SOS, RPI, NET.
And at the beginning of the season, I bet every single one of those teams listed in that chart was ranked way, way above VCU. So a top 10 team and a lower ranked VCU team (both at the beginning of the season) could play the exact same teams, win and or lose by the exact same number of points to the exact same teams and after 12 or so games, the top 10 team will ultimately be ranked higher than VCU. And then both VCU and that top 10 team go into their conference schedule and play their conference team......and I bet dollars to donut the teams in the top ten team's conference all had an average ranking higher than the average ranking of teams in the A10.......all before there is a single game played in the fall. So after the OOC, the top 10 team with the same losses, point losses/wins to all the same teams as VCU is still ranked higher than VCU and now goes into conference play and plays teams all more highly ranked on average then VCU plays in the A10
So if you automatically start lower on the totem pole as well as all your conference teams before the season even starts, you are never going to have a chance to out pace those teams automatically ranked higher with automatically ranked higher conference teams even if your schedule is the same, W/L are the same against the exact same teams and by the same number of points.
It is biased from the start based on some nebulous preseason rankings.....which I think are partly based on final ranking from the previous year (but those were biased in the first place).
I don't know where KY and Duke are currently ranked. But I would think they would be ranked a whole heck of a lot lower if they didn't start out the first 5 or so weeks of the season ranked in the top 10 or top 20

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
Anyone that can stir up memories of the Rams vs Odell Hodge and write this line, “To come back from a 21-day layoff, down two starters, with little practice, having to play at Dayton, and to take only two foul shots, and win? That’s a lot of commas to say the VCU bench is chock full of dawgs,” is OK in my book.