New unofficial gathering spot?

Where should the main unofficial gathering spot be?

• City Beach

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Home Team

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Gus's

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Top Golf

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Postbellum

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
City beach has great bartenders but a couple of the managers are total dicks. Also, can get kind of a weird crowd in there.

Love the people that work in gus' but service can grind to a halt when it gets full. Place could also use some updates.

I was looking online at the new topgolf and it looks really cool but I just feel wrong in my heart watching vcu games in Henrico (even if it's just over the line)

I voted for home team because their beer bucket specials are solid, food is solid and they have a great tv setup and great patio all while being close to campus.
Count me out for Home Team.... Went there many years ago in between going to Mulligans & Baja to watch games... and never liked it. The service way back then was terrible, they never had the sound on, the place was super crowded.... so if you had to go to the restroom you were screwed... and several of us ended up getting food poisoning from there. And for the most part we've never been back since. Sure things can change over time I guess, but the few of my friends who have gone there once or twice more recently said no without hesitation when Home Team was brought up as an alternative.

I think a bunch of us are going to try out city beach first.... to see what it's like. See what the crowd, service, setup is like... and go from there.

This season is probably going to be one big case of Trial by Error til we find a new spot.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Usually a game day spot comes together organically due to the owner marketing toward VCU fans. What about the official game day locations that VCU chooses for away games? The cheerleaders usually show up and they have give-aways, etc.

Oct 31, 2018
PBR, Pizza Beer of Richmond, might be a good fit. Big space, lots of TV's, good food/beer. Would have to see if management would be cool with us taking over the place regularly though.

Reactions: fmrick

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Every time I went to Chilli's for an official VCU watch party....we lost....so that will be a no from me.
I hate to say it but Baja was the same way for me. I am superstitious too. I love Jefe but this year VCU was having trouble with Duquesne so I went to City Beach and they won. Before that I had watched VCU play Davidson on the road at Baja and in previous years it was Florida State when they squashed VCU, the SFA game with the 4 point play, etc. Ugh. I began just watching away games that I could not attend on my couch at home.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
You won't ever see me sitting in a chain making a corporation wealthier, and Ima be planning on riding it out at home and putting my hard earned dollars toward making our feral cats well fed, but honestly, it kinda appears to me that the potential new spot(s) in question, should be doing what it takes to woo the fans to them, not the other way around, LOL. That's what always wooed me to Jeff. He reached out in every way possible. Maybe I'm missing something, and maybe one will eventually step up to the plate, but so far I haven't seen one of these joints doing anything remotely near to offer anything to a fanbase like us.

Dec 2, 2012
You won't ever see me sitting in a chain making a corporation wealthier, and Ima be planning on riding it out at home and putting my hard earned dollars toward making our feral cats well fed, but honestly, it kinda appears to me that the potential new spot(s) in question, should be doing what it takes to woo the fans to them, not the other way around, LOL. That's what always wooed me to Jeff. He reached out in every way possible. Maybe I'm missing something, and maybe one will eventually step up to the plate, but so far I haven't seen one of these joints doing anything remotely near to offer anything to a fanbase like us.
That's pretty much why I say no to chilis.

Yes, someone should come to us.
I, can't believe no one posted about being the new home to VCU fans and inviting us to check it out.

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
Usually a game day spot comes together organically due to the owner marketing toward VCU fans. What about the official game day locations that VCU chooses for away games? The cheerleaders usually show up and they have give-aways, etc.
Nah, this the VCUramnation forum. This is a binary decision -There has to be one place that is declared the best and all the rest will be inferior. If you do not agree with the keyboard warriors that spend all day here, they will debate you endlessly, give you eye roll emoji's and will demean your intelligence & try to shame you for not being a real fan.