New unofficial gathering spot?

Where should the main unofficial gathering spot be?

• City Beach

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Home Team

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Gus's

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Top Golf

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Postbellum

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I would be going some place, not BWW, to watch the VCU games. Even though I play golf decently, I wouldn't be going some place to do both at the same time. They are mutually exclusive events.
You do not need to be playing golf. You can go to their sports bar.

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
every time i went there to watch a game, the damm golfers went to hit a few balls at every time out, 2 mins before half and if we got ahead by 15. too many aisle walkers for me.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
I don't go out much for away games, but you might want to try the Metro Bar & Grill at 310 N. Robinson. It is not real big, but they have TVs. We went there last week for a VCU trivia contest after the VCU Basketball Tip-Off Reception. Had a great time. The owner was telling us that they have every VCU game on with the SOUND on. So many places don't want to turn up one game. They do. You might want to check it out.
I heard a rumor that Metro was closing. I guess that’s not true based on your interaction with the owner.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I heard a rumor that Metro was closing. I guess that’s not true based on your interaction with the owner.
Have you been to check out Top Golf yet? It is wild at those tiered driving ranges with sports bars everywhere. I saw a photo of a golfing center in Tokyo and they had one that was something like 10 tiers high.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Have you been to check out Top Golf yet? It is wild at those tiered driving ranges with sports bars everywhere. I saw a photo of a golfing center in Tokyo and they had one that was something like 10 tiers high.
Yeah but 10 tiers high there is like 5 floors here, (shorter Asians and all) (so racist).

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
A few years ago I went to the BWW in Colonial Heights to watch a VCU game in the NCAA tournament. None of the TVs was tuned to the game. I politely asked the management if they could put the game up on one of the screens and was told no. I left and have never gone back.
Check into the tunity app. I have used it in places that do not turn the sound on for certain games I am watching. It is fantastic to have in a pinch. It scans any TV and plays the sound without delay.

Reactions: ViCtorioUs
May 3, 2012
Apparently, someone has an ownership interest in Top Golf...come on, man, it's a driving range with all the driving range sounds and swearing.

Reactions: AlienAiden

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Apparently, someone has an ownership interest in Top Golf...come on, man, it's a driving range with all the driving range sounds and swearing.
Ha! No. I checked out both facilities. I was pleasantly surprised by the sports bar areas that are closed off from the driving range areas. Check it out. Bet you will be impressed.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Haven’t had a chance yet.