New unofficial gathering spot?

Where should the main unofficial gathering spot be?

• City Beach

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Home Team

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Gus's

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Top Golf

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Postbellum

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

VCU_Redskins

Top Member
Dec 5, 2013
PBR is a good call. Had drinks there a few weeks ago. Nice drink list, staff was courteous and prompt, and easy parking. I voted for Gus’s, but PBR might be better.
Too expensive and don't have the space for us. Not if the Baja crowd is any indication. Nor do they have any parking. And they really don't have many TVs at all. Not for us.

City Beach is best IMO, simply because of space, parking, and location. Not to mention the food is actually pretty decent and cheap, they have a buttload of TVs, and their bartenders know wtf they're doing.

They don't really get too packed on big game days either, which means we won't be sharing the bar with UVA, VT, UofR, Dook, UNC blah blah kids like at Home Team or soccer fans like at Gus'. Local is way too small, Top Golf is weird, and Postbellum triggers me personally.

Ok, so it's settled?

Feb 14, 2011
Apparently, someone has an ownership interest in Top Golf...come on, man, it's a driving range with all the driving range sounds and swearing.
I haven't checked out Top Gold yet but I've been to Drive Shack. You don't need to be a golfer to enjoy the place. Up to 6 people can rent a bay, with a table and seating. Evenings and weekend are like $60 per hour, off times I think it's $45. It's like a group getting together to Bowl but you hit balls instead of throwing them. It's "finer" bar type food, reasonably priced, drinks are priced a little on the higher side.

I wouldn't go their just to watch any sporting event but a good place for a small group to gather.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
I'll be at Mike Rhoades house watching away games on his 98" TV.
He has the fridge full of beer and plenty of snacks.
Lots of parking available.
Based on your avatar we have to see the black Lincoln parked outside to know this is real.

Reactions: Ululating Daddy

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
These mentions of 80's bars is giving me PTSD.
Did New Gate Prison have any TVs?
Yes, hazily remember watching Tate George sink a miracle shot in UConn-Clemson NCAA game while enjoying $1 pitchers on a Thursday—long ago in a place far away when life was simple and possibilities endless

Reactions: WestEndEd