News News About RAMS In The Pros

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
It is unfortunate that you decided to point that out. NBA followers are brutal to say the least. I have seen it at every stop for Treveon, Troy and Briante from some fans. It is not good to see. They do it with established players as well. It is basically bullying/trolling behind a computer screen.
they are just a self-loathing fan base because they have won a single playoff game in the past 15 years. They would have poo-poo'ed any announcement or change to the team 🤷‍♂️

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
they are just a self-loathing fan base because they have won a single playoff game in the past 15 years. They would have poo-poo'ed any announcement or change to the team 🤷‍♂️
I would agree with you if I had not witnessed their trolling of Tre all season.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
I would agree with you if I had not witnessed their trolling of Tre all season.
for me, I would just file that under the same symptoms of a bored and tired fanbase that is just talking trash because there's nothing better to do. they aren't making the playoffs again this season and are probably just counting down the days until KAT forces his way out of there.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
for me, I would just file that under the same symptoms of a bored and tired fanbase that is just talking trash because there's nothing better to do. they aren't making the playoffs again this season and are probably just counting down the days until KAT forces his way out of there.
My original point was how many of the NBA fans interact on social media when it comes to players. Someone pointed out the comments from Wolves fans but the same type of nasty comments came from Brooklyn fans. I try not to click down for the comments on most of the tweets or posts. These days reading comments can lead to a feeling of sadness the way some go about conversations online.

Last edited:

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
My original point was how many of the NBA fans interact on social media when it comes to players. Someone pointed out the comments from Wolves fans but the same type of nasty comments came from Brooklyn fans. I try not to click down for the comments on most of the tweets or posts. These days reading comments can lead to a feeling of sadness they way some go about conversations online.
agreed on all points there. if I was a pro or even collegiate athlete I wouldn't go near social media with a 39 and a half foot pole

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
agreed on all points there. if I was a pro or even collegiate athlete I wouldn't go near social media with a 39 and a half foot pole
Agree for college athletes. For pros, there is a compelling case to be made that it gives them a chance to own/manage their own messages versus leaving it to reporters, especially given the state of journalism today. Many see the trolling as a small price to pay for ownership of their own persona. Also, for many, social media is a non-trivial source of income for them as influencers/ad reps.

Reactions: JDI and mrgeode