News News About RAMS In The Pros

May 19, 2015
From Woj's reporting it sounds like they worked for the last two weeks trying to find a landing spot for him. They did not get any interest so they waived him.
Thanks for redirecting me. I went back to read up on it further. Though, I must say, lebron has never been one of my favorites. I know people on the board say he has a good relationship with troy.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Ramball

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
With the NBA on his resume he can make some serious coin overseas...assuming he doesn't get picked up by another NBA team.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Ideally, If Troy could pick up 4 more season in the NBA he would be in good shape for the future. That would allow for him to receive the max payout from his NBA Pension. Even if he doesn't play another year, which I find hard to believe, he still is set for a decent pension. That does not even consider if he participated in the league 401K

Jul 14, 2011
Ideally, If Troy could pick up 4 more season in the NBA he would be in good shape for the future. That would allow for him to receive the max payout from his NBA Pension. Even if he doesn't play another year, which I find hard to believe, he still is set for a decent pension. That does not even consider if he participated in the league 401K
I really hope he did the 401k. They match 140%. I’m so jelly

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I hope he goes overseas...sure it's a step down...but he should play meaningful minutes vs getting junk time...and if the NBA moves on without him, go see the world.
Now I can go back to hating the Lakers.
Plus he is making 3 million which is taxed, and his agent gets a cut. Overseas with his NBA resume he could easily command 1-2 million with free housing, chef, vehicle, with all taxes paid. He'd likely get more money in his pocket and he'd see the World.

Oh did I mention less games.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I read an article that said the Lakers did Troy a favor by releasing him yesterday vs. today. By releasing him yesterday, he can sign with another playoff team and be eligible for the playoffs. That would not have been the case if the Lakers had of released him today.
The Lakers disrespect Troy. They treated him well, gave him an opportunity, he didnt perform, it happens. He moves on and all is good.

"Rob [Pelinka] and Kurt [Rambis] were fantastic in giving Troy optionality based upon all the scenarios that could play out in the coming weeks," Bartelstein told ESPN. Bartelstein is Troy's Agent.

Reactions: share the ball