News News About RAMS In The Pros

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Overlooked? Troy was a guy with a great deep jump shot and decent size and not much more. He never made any all conference teams, nor did he lead his even his team as its primary player in any of his four seasons. However, he was getting buzz from NBA teams and got a few workouts.

He was hardly "overlooked". However, if that's what he needs for motivation, I am with him.

In fact, VCU recognized him with a few others as a"great" a few years back which IMO was ridiculous based on his body of work here and the guys who weren't similarly recognized who had done much better.

Jul 14, 2011
Overlooked? Troy was a guy with a great deep jump shot and decent size and not much more. He never made any all conference teams, nor did he lead his even his team as its primary player in any of his four seasons. However, he was getting buzz from NBA teams and got a few workouts.

He was hardly "overlooked". However, if that's what he needs for motivation, I am with him.

In fact, VCU recognized him with a few others as a"great" a few years back which IMO was ridiculous based on his body of work here and the guys who weren't similarly recognized who had done much better.
Eh, maybe his body of work at VCU wasnt fantastic but he did put up 11 3's against ETSU. He also has continued to help our program upon graduation. Bringing recognition to our brand and showing recruits that it is possible to go to the NBA through VCU is very beneficial.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Eh, maybe his body of work at VCU wasnt fantastic but he did put up 11 3's against ETSU. He also has continued to help our program upon graduation. Bringing recognition to our brand and showing recruits that it is possible to go to the NBA through VCU is very beneficial.
I agree with everything you posted. Troy's a great shooter. Which is why he is in the NBA.

Also, we can certainly honor and thank him for his contributions to the program off the court and we should . However, if we are looking at All Time greats using normal criteria his inclusion doesnt pass muster.

Fwiw, Rob Brandenberg has better career numbers at VCU supports the program but no NBA so no All Time Great status for him? How about JeQuan, or Melvin?

A solid addition, but not an all time great VCU ball player. A good rep for the program but no all time great. Maynor, Treveon, Bri, Super Nard, Bodine, Larry to a lesser extinct, Ed, Gerald all fit that bill but as a VCU baller Troy simply doesnt. He is an outlier. In fact, but for the new era of basketball Troy doesnt play in the NBA in any other era but this one. The other guys all could have found a role.

Not bashing Troy as I was one of the few who thought and stated he had a solid chance of having an NBA.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Troy looking pretty good.... and thanks to the Nuggets depth being short right now.... Troy getting a good amount of mins. 14 pts in 14 mins off the bench thus far.

Reactions: AlienAiden
Jul 14, 2011
Everyone who is big on the Instagram. Any idea what is going on with Briantes most recent post? Is he being picked up by a team in the league?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Everyone who is big on the Instagram. Any idea what is going on with Briantes most recent post? Is he being picked up by a team in the league?
Sounds like he got picked up. He had signed with the Hamilton Honey Badgers but now he is staying in the states. He does not come out and say her is on a team though.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MobileMunchies

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
My guess would be the Griz with Winslow going out. Winslow played pretty small and I don’t think would need to be replaced by a big body. Would think Bri would fit in well there.
I can't see that.... mainly cause they are absolutely LOADED at guards.... now obviously you can debate who's better than who.... but you got Grayson Allen, Ja Morant, Yuta Watanabe, De'Anthony Melton, Tyus Jones, John Konchar (whoever he is), Josh Jackson, Marko Guduric (again whoever that is), & Dillon Brooks. That's a lot of guards.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Hopefully the Wizards and they can cut Jerome Robinson
Nah... if he's gonna leave Canada to come play for a team.... let it be a team that's solidly in the playoffs. Not a team like the Wizards who will likely play their 8 games & be done. Maybe they finish with in 4 games & force that play in game.... but they're not gonna go far.