News News About RAMS In The Pros

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Till next season. Really surprised KD is playing any pickup ball now. With his injury and his team being in the playoffs you would think he wouldn’t risk hurting himself on a measly pickup game.
To be fair.... everyone remembers Bri's horrific injury his senior year at VCU... that happened in January of that year. That July he was back on the court playing in Ben Wallace's Summer League. One could say the same thing about Bri. Why would he risk a injury playing full court pick up basketball (when he clearly was not 100% yet... I know, I was there & watched him play that night).... especially when he had his whole professional career ahead of him.

So KD out there practicing isn't that surprising honestly. You figure KD has been out the whole season & basically since the injury in the Finals last year. So He's past the year mark of when the injury happened. And while he likely wont risk playing in these playoffs coming up. the 20-21 season for the NBA is rumored to be starting in early December.... and being out a whole year... its gonna take him longer to get back in shape than it would be someone who's been of 3-4 months.

Jul 14, 2011
To be fair.... everyone remembers Bri's horrific injury his senior year at VCU... that happened in January of that year. That July he was back on the court playing in Ben Wallace's Summer League. One could say the same thing about Bri. Why would he risk a injury playing full court pick up basketball (when he clearly was not 100% yet... I know, I was there & watched him play that night).... especially when he had his whole professional career ahead of him.

So KD out there practicing isn't that surprising honestly. You figure KD has been out the whole season & basically since the injury in the Finals last year. So He's past the year mark of when the injury happened. And while he likely wont risk playing in these playoffs coming up. the 20-21 season for the NBA is rumored to be starting in early December.... and being out a whole year... its gonna take him longer to get back in shape than it would be someone who's been of 3-4 months.
The comparison to Bri and KD are not applicable. It would be more like Bri playing in Ben Wallace’s league March 17th while the Rams were prepping to play Ohio State in the Tourny. Why not be in the bubble where things are safer than a random pickup game with people who may or may not have Covid. Instead KD is:
1. Playing with lower caliber players who may be more reckless.
2. Against competition who feel they need to prove they can go at him which again may cause them to be more reckless.
3. Not helping his teammates prepare for the tournament or getting better (some might even take offense that he would rather be with a bunch of nobody’s and not dedicated to them)
4. Not getting better with the help of the top 1% of basketball players skill wise and trainers.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
One of my biggest opponent watch bummers was when CJ McCollum was hurt when they came to the Stu. Helped relieve some stress though. Ha! Just thought of that while watching him hit daggers at the end of this game.

Reactions: Rams4Life
Jul 14, 2011
One of my biggest opponent watch bummers was when CJ McCollum was hurt when they came to the Stu. Helped relieve some stress though. Ha! Just thought of that while watching him hit daggers at the end of this game.
Oof yeah I remember that so well. You could actually see him mouth “I broke my foot” to his teammate when he came back to the bench.