News News About RAMS In The Pros

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Hear, hear! He dropped 3 spots this week. I don't fully understand the scoring system - points are higher in the playoffs, but you gotta figure a decent showing this week will get him in the prestigious Tour Championships to cap off an amazing season. Way to go Lanto.
You are going to see a lot more player movement during the playoffs because the points are higher and there are fewer players. Lanto is not yet a lock for the top 30 at East Lake, but he is close. He can't tank this week at the BMW, or he may be on the outside looking in at East Lake. There is big money to be made by all 30 players that make it to East Lake.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

RonnieDobbs

Top Member
May 20, 2009
Lanto finished tied for 10th, not too bad!
Heck yeah! 10th place in a world class field is freaking fantastic.

However things turn out next week, I hope he enjoys himself. Making the 30 team field is a tremendous accomplishment. I just hope he soaks it in and looks back on an amazing season.

The scoring is kind of strange. The player with the most points, Dustin Johnson, starts the tournament at -10, second most points, Jon Rahm, -8. Griffin finished 16th in points and starts at -2. Again though, it's kinda like making an all star game or something. A wonderful way to cap off a wonderful year.

• 1-seed: (10 under)
  • 2-seed: (8 under)
  • 3-seed: (7 under)
  • 4-seed: (6 under)
  • 5-seed: (5 under)
  • Seeds 6-10: (4 under)
  • Seeds 11-15: (3 under)
  • Seeds 16-20: (2 under)
  • Seeds 21-25: (1 under)
  • Seeds 26-30: (par)

Reactions: Wolfpack Ram

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Heck yeah! 10th place in a world class field is freaking fantastic.

However things turn out next week, I hope he enjoys himself. Making the 30 team field is a tremendous accomplishment. I just hope he soaks it in and looks back on an amazing season.

The scoring is kind of strange. The player with the most points, Dustin Johnson, starts the tournament at -10, second most points, Jon Rahm, -8. Griffin finished 16th in points and starts at -2. Again though, it's kinda like making an all star game or something. A wonderful way to cap off a wonderful year.

• 1-seed: (10 under)
  • 2-seed: (8 under)
  • 3-seed: (7 under)
  • 4-seed: (6 under)
  • 5-seed: (5 under)
  • Seeds 6-10: (4 under)
  • Seeds 11-15: (3 under)
  • Seeds 16-20: (2 under)
  • Seeds 21-25: (1 under)
  • Seeds 26-30: (par)
The scoring is kind of strange, but the FedEx Cup money alone for finishing 30th this week is $400,000. And that doesn't include the purse for the actual tournament at East Lake. Add on the approximately $250,000 Lanto won at the BMW Championship and he is raking in some serious coin here at the end of the season. He's looking at earning close to $4 million this year.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
The scoring is kind of strange, but the FedEx Cup money alone for finishing 30th this week is $400,000. And that doesn't include the purse for the actual tournament at East Lake. Add on the approximately $250,000 Lanto won at the BMW Championship and he is raking in some serious coin here at the end of the season. He's looking at earning close to $4 million this year.
Betcha Ed knows that

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Hope so. Getting in the Tour Championship gets him in majors and other top tournaments.

He finished 18th. Got to consider it one of the best pro season from a VCU athlete ever, no?
Would definitely rank it up there with Gerald Henderson's season with the Celtics when he made that play near the end of the game to advance the Celtics.

Larry Sanders could have also been in the top three, but..........................