News News About RAMS In The Pros

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Jack Doyle returned to practice today (light practice), but Mo could still be the starting TE on Sunday against the Jets if Doyle isn't 100% by then.
Cool! I get to watch him dragging around hapless Jets players all game.
I would really like to see Mo and Rivers get a two game burn together. If it keeps going, That would be a big offensive add.
And since he can’t drag Walton and Laneer up and down the court, it may as well be the Jets up and down the field.
/Airplane

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Jack Doyle returned to practice today (light practice), but Mo could still be the starting TE on Sunday against the Jets if Doyle isn't 100% by then.
I just hope they don't go back to underutilizing Mo. I've seen it way too often where a role player finally gets his chance and proves himself only to go back to the sidelines or riding pine in favor of the "bigger" named player.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I just hope they don't go back to underutilizing Mo. I've seen it way too often where a role player finally gets his chance and proves himself only to go back to the sidelines or riding pine in favor of the "bigger" named player.
Mo can pull a Lou Gehrig and Wally Pipp him. Tom Brady got his shot when Drew Bledsoe got hurt and took the job.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011

I would really like to see Mo and Rivers get a two game burn together. If it keeps going, That would be a big offensive add.
And since he can’t drag Walton and Laneer up and down the court, it may as well be the Jets up and down the field.
/Airplane
Rivers seems to like big targets so if Mo starts I’m sure Rivers will target him a bunch again.

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
Wonder why Troy has been a coaches decision to not play the last two games...
He's been a coaches decision not to play pretty much his entire time with Denver. Unfortunately, he's buried on their bench and it doesn't look like they have any plans for him. The guys in front of him at the SG spot haven't exactly done much, so it seems they aren't going to give him much of a shot to do better.

Jamal Murray playing like 40 minutes per game and being able to play off the ball doesn't help his case either. Murray is an absolute stud, so none of his minutes should be given to anybody on that roster. I'd even argue to play him more if he's capable of the workload.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
He's been a coaches decision not to play pretty much his entire time with Denver. Unfortunately, he's buried on their bench and it doesn't look like they have any plans for him. The guys in front of him at the SG spot haven't exactly done much, so it seems they aren't going to give him much of a shot to do better.

Jamal Murray playing like 40 minutes per game and being able to play off the ball doesn't help his case either. Murray is an absolute stud, so none of his minutes should be given to anybody on that roster. I'd even argue to play him more if he's capable of the workload.
Yeah the bolded part is what frustrates me a bit. Agree with you on Murray.

Reactions: Rams4Life

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
Yeah the bolded part is what frustrates me a bit. Agree with you on Murray.
Hey, I bet Troy’s not complaining about the extra money he’s getting from the playoff game checks though. Plus, he gets to keep practicing with his teammates instead of working out on his own. Not ideal for us fans, but he’s making the most of it. As all of his NBA coaches and teammates have always said, he’s a true pro’s pro. When it’s all said and done, as long as he’s still a VCU alum on an NBA roster, I’ll take it all day long.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010

Look we love Troy and he is our guy. Because of this we are biased. Denver has a rotation that has led to an upset of the favorites to win he title and are in the Conference finals for the first time in decades.

What they are doing is working and if it isnt broken why fix it. Troy is a one dimensional player. He is a shooter that's it. Denver has primarily decided to go with a three guard rotation. Morris, and Harris are more versatile and are better than Troy.

He had a shot with the Lakers this year and it didnt work out. As someone stated, Troy is happy to be on a playoff roster still earning money and practicing with a team.

He's actually a very lucky guy and I'm proud of his success.

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
Look we love Troy and he is our guy. Because of this we are biased. Denver has a rotation that has led to an upset of the favorites to win he title and are in the Conference finals for the first time in decades.

What they are doing is working and if it isnt broken why fix it. Troy is a one dimensional player. He is a shooter that's it. Denver has primarily decided to go with a three guard rotation. Morris, and Harris are more versatile and are better than Troy.

He had a shot with the Lakers this year and it didnt work out. As someone stated, Troy is happy to be on a playoff roster still earning money and practicing with a team.

He's actually a very lucky guy and I'm proud of his success.
You kind of said the same thing I did. I never stated Troy is better than the guys playing in front of him. All I implied was that Harris and Morris aren’t doing much recently and it doesn’t appear Denver has plans to give Troy an opportunity to shine in front of them. It’s probably because they’re more versatile as you said. Coach Malone appears to be sticking with his guns that got them to where they are. Troy wasn’t a part of the team that got them to the #3 seed in the West. He came in 2 games before the shutdown.

Just because a player is “better” doesn’t mean they should keep getting minutes if it’s not showing up in games. Sometimes it’s good to mix things up when players are in slumps. It usually reverts back to the mean and the “better” player gets back to their normal self.