News News About RAMS In The Pros

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
So....with the Lakers victory last night, will Troy get a ring and part of a playoff share??
He played 41 games with the Lakers to start the season. I figure he get's a ring, but maybe the players vote on whether he gets a playoff $hare??

Reactions: SpiderRAM

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
So....with the Lakers victory last night, will Troy get a ring and part of a playoff share??
He played 41 games with the Lakers to start the season. I figure he get's a ring, but maybe the players vote on whether he gets a playoff $hare??
I would think he does get a ring at least but I’m not entirely sure how the process works.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Mo's stats through 5 games in 2020

Vs Jaguars: 2 catches (2 Targets) for 20 yards.... AVG- 10 per catch... Colts Lose
vs Vikings: 5 catches (6 targets) for 111 yards.... AVG- 22.2 per catch... Colts Win
vs Jets: 3 catches (3 targets) for 50 Yards & a TD... AVG- 16.6 per catch.... Colts Win
vs Bears: 1 catch (2 targets) for 13 yards & a TD.... AVG- 13 per catch.... Colts Win
vs Browns 0 catches (1 Target) for 0 yards.... Colts Lose

11 catches (14 targets).... 194 yards... 17.6 yards per catch & 2 TDs.

Mo is the 2nd leading receiver (behind Hilton) in total yards, and highest in Yards Per Catch among any receivers (WR, TE or RB) that have caught at least 5 passes on the season. Mo is the leading Reciever in terms of TDs on the team with 2 of them. And Mo is 2nd on the team in terms of 1st Down receptions (9) behind only Hilton (12).

Rivers as a whole has targeted TE's (MAC, Doyle & Burton) 32 times. Mo has as many catches (11) as the other 2 combined. And has more yards (194) than the other 2 combined (110). And Mo is the only TE with a TD & hes got 2 of them.

In San Diego/LA with the chargers.... Rivers threw 397 TD's. 89 of them were to Antonio Gates (most by any RB/WR/TE who has caught a TD by Rivers). 17 of them were to Hunter Henry (Tied for 5th), 9 of them to Travis Benjamin. So that's a little over 1/4 of his TDs in his career are to his TEs.

Also,the Chargers all time leading Receiver in yards is Antonio Gates (11,841), 1353 of those yards came in the first 2 years when Rivers was not the starter. Which means 10,488 of those yards came from Philip Rivers... which is still over 1,000 yards more than any receiver has in their Charger careers in team history... no matter who the QB was.

Rivers needs to utilize his TEs more in IND... especially Mo if hes healthy & active. Sure some may say I'm biased because I'm a VCU fan & wanna see Mo do well.... but lets be real here.... its no secret that Rivers likes to target his TEs, and the stats show that when Mo is Targeted... the majority of time hes going to get at least 10 yards out of it & get you a 1st down at the very least.

Obviously the Colts have a lot of talent on that team on offense... but he needs to get everyone involved more.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
According to his Wiki page he will be awarded a ring as will boogie Cousins who didnt actually play 1 minute.

It has to be bitter sweet for him as he was waived before playoff eligibility deadline and the Lakers were hurting from 3.

He was certainly better than JR Smith.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Colts will be practicing this afternoon after all, the positive cases turned out to be false positives.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Interesting read in The Athletic, a couple VCU all timers included talking about their experiences abroad (paywall):

For some Americans, playing basketball abroad isn’t what it’s cracked up to be
https://theathletic.com/2003161/202...s-what-it-is-like/?source=user_shared_article
Its really like everything else. Who you are in athletics largely dictates how you are treated. Some guys get paid and treated well, they love it. Others not so much.

Its really life and that's how life goes.