News News About RAMS In The Pros

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Mo is really good off the ball and football is similar to basketball in that way. Off the ball is where things happen for good teams. He does so many solid things in a game that will cause him to have a long NFL career. He is in there blocking and dragging defenders. On one touchdown in particular the Colts wide receiver broke free and Mo ran in front of him to block. It was funny because the Packers DB ran out of bounds rather than have Mo hit him. It made for an easy TD. If we are going to judge targets, turnovers and TDs then yeah he did not have a good game. Overall though he had a very good game doing his job and being a team guy.
Yeah, I spoke too soon. Mo went on to have a pretty good game in terms of his established role as a strong blocker.

Reactions: MobileMunchies
Jul 14, 2011
Mo is really good off the ball and football is similar to basketball in that way. Off the ball is where things happen for good teams. He does so many solid things in a game that will cause him to have a long NFL career. He is in there blocking and dragging defenders. On one touchdown in particular the Colts wide receiver broke free and Mo ran in front of him to block. It was funny because the Packers DB ran out of bounds rather than have Mo hit him. It made for an easy TD. If we are going to judge targets, turnovers and TDs then yeah he did not have a good game. Overall though he had a very good game doing his job and being a team guy.
This is one thing often overlooked. People don’t see his name in the stat book and immediately think he didn’t contribute but he is out there doing everything right. I often just watch his routes and blocking in schemes instead of the actual play. He works his but off and it shows. If he continues to do those small things right, he is destined to be in the league for a long time.

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
This is one thing often overlooked. People don’t see his name in the stat book and immediately think he didn’t contribute but he is out there doing everything right. I often just watch his routes and blocking in schemes instead of the actual play. He works his but off and it shows. If he continues to do those small things right, he is destined to be in the league for a long time.
He's fun to watch when he's blocking. If you really look closely at times, you can see how many defenders past the line of scrimmage want no part of Mo as a blocker. He throws most linebackers and defensive backs around, while holding his own against the top edge rushers in the NFL. I've heard multiple commentators comment on how he's one of the elite blocking TE's in the NFL. If they're talking about your blocking as a TE on a broadcast, you're doing a very impressive job. It's underrated and they mention it to point out how good he is at it, and also how much of an impact it has.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Mo's stats through 9 games platyed in 2020

Vs Jaguars: 2 catches (2 Targets) for 20 yards.... AVG- 10 per catch... Colts Lose
vs Vikings: 5 catches (6 targets) for 111 yards.... AVG- 22.2 per catch... Colts Win
vs Jets: 3 catches (3 targets) for 50 Yards & a TD... AVG- 16.6 per catch.... Colts Win
vs Bears: 1 catch (2 targets) for 13 yards & a TD.... AVG- 13 per catch.... Colts Win
vs Browns 0 catches (1 Target) for 0 yards.... Colts Lose
vs Lions: 3 catches (4 Targets) for 37 yards.... AVG- 12.3 per catch..... Colts Win
vs Ravens: 3 catches (3 targets) for 43 yards.... AVG- 14.3 per catch... Colts Lose
vs Titans: 3 catches (4 targets) for 19 yards.... AVG- 6.3 per catch... Colts Win
vs Packers: 2 catches (2 targets) for 16 yards.... AVG- 8.0 per catch.... Colts Win
vs Titans: ?

22 catches (27 targets).... 309 yards... 14.0 yards per catch & 2 TDs.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Sorry if posted already...but did anyone else catch this commercial?

Geoff is a friend of mine. Well, Jesse is too. Geoff played football for Hawaii and later for UVA (his son played at Va Tech). I met Geoff when I did a story on a local boxing coach at Bellemeade Community Center on Afton Avenue. Geoff works with his boxing gym because he is a lover of the sweet science. I used to go read to kids at Bellemeade and Hillside Court. Jesse was one of the young men at the community center. Geoff looks out for the local guys and many of them work for his workmen's comp law firm.

Last edited: