News News About RAMS In The Pros

RonnieDobbs

Elite Member
The NBA cares a lot about defense, the rules are different to favor the offense and the players are just that good.....go figure, they are already the best in the world and they can perfect their craft against the best. Where defense is of import to the NBA is that it is all about match-ups—because of the differences in the game, spacing is critical and even one leaky bucket on defense will open up a deluge of problems. To your point a player’s defensive weaknesses can be offset by their offensive prowess, Jamal Crawford & Lou Williams would be great examples.

Bri’s defensive ratings were not that good in the NBA in large part because the opposing offense could put him in situations where he just couldn’t match up size wise, not a knock on him just a reality, there are a lot of 6’6” to 6’8” guys who can handle the rock and get good shots so hard for a guy Bri’s size to be as effective defensively. Without a standout offensive skill set, really hard for him to stick.

Nonetheless, he was in the league for awhile, which speaks volumes as to how good he is....it’s the most competitive sports league in the world talent wise. You make it there, even if for short stints, you can make it anywhere else.
I like this post. It's true, today's NBA is all about matchups. It's the era of the big, athletic wings, and why we always hear about highly sought after "3 and D" guys.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider

164847015_5236822303058156_7127554492507256527_n.jpg

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Justin may be playing himself into the league....these kind of performances don’t go unnoticed.
From your lips to some GM's ears. I've always thought he'd be a good fit for anyone looking for bench offense, it's just a shame his best skill (rebounding) is so currently devalued.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
I’ve got to find a way to get a Justin Tillman jersey. I’d treasure it just like I treasure him. The strength and perseverance in him is pure inspiration.

there's lots of former players that I would love to have a jersey for whether a VCU jersey or for a professional team. I really wanted a Rozzell jersey from when he played with that Swedish Basketball League team since I lived there for a couple years.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
I love how they mix in English words, as if there're no words for "floater" or "step-back". 😂