News News About RAMS In The Pros

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Man, that was so much fun to watch. There was even an old fashioned Tillman rage dunk in there.

I really wish NBA scouts would take notice, this is what he's capable of when teams are able to use him properly.
They may be noticing, but bringing international players in for 10 day or longer term contracts has been complicated quite a bit by COVID protocols. We may see some positive activity for Justin in the summer.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
The questions for Tillman in the NBA would be whether he can guard 3s and 4s and whether he can hit an outside shot at the rate that is expected in today’s game. A lot of the shots he made in that video wouldn’t be available for him in the NBA. It’s important to remember that the Israeli BSL isn’t one of the better international leagues. It’s considered about mid-NCAA level. I’m very happy for Tillman though and I hope he can have a long, rewarding career there. It’s nice seeing him and UNC alum JP Tokoto playing together.

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
The questions for Tillman in the NBA would be whether he can guard 3s and 4s and whether he can hit an outside shot at the rate that is expected in today’s game. A lot of the shots he made in that video wouldn’t be available for him in the NBA. It’s important to remember that the Israeli BSL isn’t one of the better international leagues. It’s considered about mid-NCAA level. I’m very happy for Tillman though and I hope he can have a long, rewarding career there. It’s nice seeing him and UNC alum JP Tokoto playing together.
I agree. He can have a great life/ career without touching an NBA floor.
It doesn't matter if you are in sports, medicine, business, education, service industry... What makes people happy and fulfilled, is that every day, month, year you do a little better than the day, month, or year prior. Sure there are bumps. But you have to trend to upward to feel achievement and fulfillment. It doesn't matter where you fall on the sociology-economic strata. Even if you are in the bottom 10%. if you are making incremental progress, most all people will feel pleasure and fullfilment.
It is said the reason for this evolved hundreds of thousands of years ago. Humans were not strong or stealthy hunters. We weren't quick like a cheetah or strong like a lion. We couldn't wake up, realize we were hungry and decide its time to hunt. We would probably starve to death if that was our strategy. So our brains developed a biofeedback loop based on achievement. If we were progressing toward a goal -say climbing a hill to gather fruit, and bring it back down to our home, our brains would produce much of the "feel good" chemicals like oxytocin and serotonin, as a reward for doing this task. This bio-feedback loop made us feel good to work and progress to a goal. Its all theory, but it makes sense to me. Sometimes the people that accelerate to the top, very early on in the careers, are the unhappiest of most of there peers over the long term.
Anyway, Kudos to JT and all the former ram athletes and grads and fans that hit those tiny goals every day and progress thru life. You do not have to make it to the NBA. Just keep getting better. It really leads to a happy life.

Last edited: