News News About RAMS In The Pros

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
What the he!! is going on here in this thread??????
Some people are trying to keep us all updated about JeQuan and Justin, while others are using this as an opportunity to espouse their political beliefs about the Middle East.

This latter trend is especially unfortunate, not only because their posts aren't going to change one person's opinion, but also because it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. For what it's worth, I thus consider the posters on both sides of the debate to be self-absorbed jerks.

May 19, 2015
Some people are trying to keep us all updated about JeQuan and Justin, while others are using this as an opportunity to espouse their political beliefs about the Middle East.

This latter trend is especially unfortunate, not only because their posts aren't going to change one person's opinion, but also because it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. For what it's worth, I thus consider the posters on both sides of the debate to be self-absorbed jerks.
Feeling is mutual.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Mar 27, 2009
All I know is JeQuan and Smooth is probably not humming the 'You don't want to go to war with the RAMS! Don't start no stuff, wont be no stuff' chant.

• Haha
Reactions: ISwamRam
May 19, 2015
I guess Justin never returned to the US, because the Winner League ordered its teams to cut any American players who left the country during the recent violence.
So you are saying that Justin risked his safety, his life just to stay and play? I tried looking up that threat made by the league and couldn’t find it. Could you please send me the link? Thanks.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
So you are saying that Justin risked his safety, his life just to stay and play? I tried looking up that threat made by the league and couldn’t find it. Could you please send me the link? Thanks.
The league stated (in Hebrew) that any foreign player who leaves Israel because of the recent violence would be replaced and ineligible to play for the rest of the season. Several teams also tweeted farewell messages to American players who opted to leave, suggesting the teams cut the players.

7A80DA88-173F-4B3C-BE55-9E09FE33BD64.jpeg

May 19, 2015
Oh. So not just Americans but any foreigners, and, for the sake of continuing the season, particularly since Israel would not know whether the foreigners would choose to return due to the civil unrest, the teams were permitted to replenish their teams. It sounded as though your message was about Israel punishing a player if they chose to leave due to the risks. I think Israel understands perfectly why a player wants to leave their country but this is unfortunately their way of life. So they basically have to move on with life.

Reactions: WillWeaverRVA
May 19, 2015
Reactions: WillWeaverRVA

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous. I also corrected "American" to "foreign" since the rule applied to any foreign player and not all foreign players in the Israeli league are American. But it seems the league totally expects you to just deal with whatever happens down there.

They did *kind of* become a bit more lenient as the violence went on, offering to shelter some of the foreign players in Cyprus while they weren't playing. (Of course, Cyprus is currently the site of tension between Greece and Turkey...)

So the league had a few games remaining and they wanted to finish the season out so they went out and picked up replacements. sorry you don’t get it bradramfan.
Yeah, more or less, and I should've remembered this when I posted. FIBA requires the leagues to finish regular season play by June 15th.