News News About RAMS In The Pros

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Why does Wentz ignore Mo?
I got a lot to learn about football, but I believe they and The Eagles lead the NFL in rushing yards.
https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/offense/rushing/2021/reg/all
As far as I could see today he was MUCH more involved with blocking as they're caught up in this rushing thing.
The Colts’ offense emphasizes their run game and Wentz basically always keeps the ball on the ground (either by handing off or shovel passes to RBs). Wentz only throws deeper passes when he has to, and even then they typically reserve TEs for blocking. I think they devised that game plan because of how injury prone Wentz is - he needs an extra blocker or two if he’s throwing passes.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Yeah, Mo's blessing early on is that he learned to block, did it well and that went a long way to earning his way into the league. Now it's kind of his curse if he wants (and we want) to see him catch passes. He's a really good blocker. If they need blocking help, they are going to turn to Mo, he's too good not to. Sure would like to see him called upon to chip a few guys and then run a delayed slant or two. He would be great doing that.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Yeah, Mo's blessing early on is that he learned to block, did it well and that went a long way to earning his way into the league. Now it's kind of his curse if he wants (and we want) to see him catch passes. He's a really good blocker. If they need blocking help, they are going to turn to Mo, he's too good not to. Sure would like to see him called upon to chip a few guys and then run a delayed slant or two. He would be great doing that.
It's still worked out for him. One of the reasons Jonathan Taylor has exploded this season is because he's got really good blockers giving him room to run. Mo has contributed to quite a few of his rushing TDs. Mo can hold two guys back sometimes.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Mo is their blocking tight end and Jonathan Taylor is taking full advantage.
264619215_6532332463507127_8126637159739375299_n.jpg

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Hes killing it and I love to see it! Hope he gets a chance to get to a tougher league if he is in a lower one.
The Swedish league is pretty competitive. Brandon Rozzell was a star on the same team for a while and he personally recommended DJ to them.