News News About RAMS In The Pros

rammad90

Elite Member
Might the Jazz be about to sign him to their summer league team?

EDIT:

Gotta admit, I never liked JT's game. I didnt think it was conducive to winning as a team. I have always loved JT and his Detroit toughness ( have a connection to Detroit).

However, I have to also admit that he is the one Ram that has gotten increasingly better every year since he has been a freshman into to professional career.

Staying on an NBA team will be tough for him due to his lack of shot, and size. 2 inches and he'd have been a lock. However, if he can establish himself as a rebounder, and a defender he might had a better than average shot.

Again, I think the way he was used his Sr. year, hurt the team and hurt some of the younger guys progression. But man, I am pulling for this young man and admire his work.

Making something out of nothing, and excelling when no one believes in you is the VCU way both academics and athletics. JT is doing it the Ram way. He is Ram tough and I love and support that.

Last edited:

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Sometimes hear people say Justin can't shoot. I'm not sure what they are watching. At Hapoel (excuse spelling) he shot 60% from three. This past season in the G-league he shot 41% from three. These are with limited attempts, but when he takes threes he makes a decent or better percentage. Add that to shooting consistently around 55-60% from 2 and high 70s from the line. The guy can shoot. He's been able to shoot since high school if you want to go back that far and watch him.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Sometimes hear people say Justin can't shoot. I'm not sure what they are watching. At Hapoel (excuse spelling) he shot 60% from three. This past season in the G-league he shot 41% from three. These are with limited attempts, but when he takes threes he makes a decent or better percentage. Add that to shooting consistently around 55-60% from 2 and high 70s from the line. The guy can shoot. He's been able to shoot since high school if you want to go back that far and watch him.
Pretty much this. If you want Justin to shoot a 3, he'll do it. You don't always want him to since he's typically playing the 4, but he will usually hit an outside shot when you need him to.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Do you know how many attempts he has per game? If he's hitting roughly 40% on 2 or 3 attempts per game while shooting 75% or better at the line, he can shoot. Add that along with his motor and knack for rebounding and he has the tools to be quite interesting in the NBA. Hope Utah likes what they see!