News News About RAMS In The Pros

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
They just said they're hearing, "Three GLeaguers in the first round"... could it be? Or could/would it not be considered a draft, but a signing?
G League players aren’t drafted, so I imagine they are involved in a trade (since the affiliated NBA team has first dibs on signing anyone).

They may also be talking about G League Ignite players, who are eligible to be drafted (and one just was).

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
G League players aren’t drafted, so I imagine they are involved in a trade (since the affiliated NBA team has first dibs on signing anyone).

They may also be talking about G League Ignite players, who are eligible to be drafted (and one just was).
The last guy (Australian) is/was a g-leaguer.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
I just checked, he’s on G League Ignite. That’s the G League team designed as an alternative to playing college basketball and those are the only G League players eligible to be drafted since it isn’t affiliated with a NBA team.
Gotcha, well, the commentators just said they heard 3 of them are in the first round. And this french player the NKnicks chose (apparently just to trade to OKC?), Spike Lee looked depressed and said he's never heard anything about him.

I just checked, he’s on G League Ignite. That’s the G League team designed as an alternative to playing college basketball and those are the only G League players eligible to be drafted since it isn’t affiliated with a NBA team.

Former John Marshall High star Isaiah Todd was drafted about 32nd overall last year following a season with the Ignite.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Mark Williams chosen by the Hornets at 15. Virginia High School Basketball continues to NBA bigs!

rammad90

Elite Member

G-League players who went into that league straight out of HS with no college are eligible for the draft.

rammad90

Elite Member
I wonder if this means he’s locked in with the Wiz. I hope not and that this can be a tryout to sign with anyone in the league. I feel like there has to be a landing spot for him on someone’s roster.
Until a player signs a contract they arent locked in. Typically, teams need bodies to fill their summer league rosters, and they use it as a chance to get an up close look at players on the fringe.

Players have actually changed teams during the summer. Cant remember who but one of our former guys played for two different franchises one summer. It may have been Bri.

Fwiw, I am sure Tilly doesnt care who he signs with as long as he is in the League.

Last edited: