News News About RAMS In The Pros

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
FZL_LOHWQAoRemI

VCU Heel

Elite Member

Getting ready, 6 days from today the start of preseason, Saturday at 4pm vs the Bills.

For all as excited as we are here, how about a throwback to where it all began?!~
Pretty sure at :42 is where the Colts first got their man (is that a Colts logo?)?
View attachment 11388
If Mo is going to be a first unit guy this year, then I wouldn’t get too excited about the first couple of preseason games. He might not play much.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Been wondering about that and how full a roster the preseason games get?
They got rid of a preseason game last year when they moved from 16 to 17 regular season games. I’m not sure how they’ve adjusted their preseason snap counts, but it wasn’t typical for a lot of starter action the first 2 weeks of preseason before. Matt Ryan won’t be out there much. Some other positional starters will play more than the QB, but it’s more of a tryout for 10-15 players looking for the last 4-5 spots on the roster and practice squad placements.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
They got rid of a preseason game last year when they moved from 16 to 17 regular season games. I’m not sure how they’ve adjusted their preseason snap counts, but it wasn’t typical for a lot of starter action the first 2 weeks of preseason before. Matt Ryan won’t be out there much. Some other positional starters will play more than the QB, but it’s more of a tryout for 10-15 players looking for the last 4-5 spots on the roster and practice squad placements.
I believe they must still cut the roster to 53 players by August 30th, but they’ll still have 80 on the roster until then. I would expect to see Sam Ehrlinger at QB unless they give Nick Foles a few snaps early on, I don’t expect to see Ryan.

rammad90

Elite Member
If Mo is going to be a first unit guy this year, then I wouldn’t get too excited about the first couple of preseason games. He might not play much.
Mo has shown flashes. He has to be more consistent especially in the red zone. Mo has to own 50-50 balls in the end zone.

rammad90

Elite Member
That is unless they want to see if Mo can earn the first unit spot. If its already designated as his you would be correct. However, I am not sure that is the case.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Frank Reich addressed Matt Ryan's availability the other day. He'll play a quarter or possibly a bit less on Saturday. Not sure about other expected starters (i.e. Mo).