News News About RAMS In The Pros

rammad90

Elite Member
Just curious, what’s the draw to Russ? Is it the Richmond connect, did you know his father (successful RIC attorney) or just his game?
All 3. I met his dad, can't say we were great friends. His Grand Dad I met as well. I have a couple of family members who played ball at Norfolk State.

But yeah PR you nailed it.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Why does prime keep advertising for themselves, an effort to get you to waste another 120 bucks a year?

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
I am wasting my $ on Hulu and watching Murders in the Building.
OMG Hulu's even worse. And that's saying a LOT. Last time I had prime we went 1 year not interested in one thing Prime Video had to offer. Hulu we get through our wireless carrier. I've never found one thing that would interest the both of us. I go on the app searching every now and again, like shopping at Virginia Center Commons.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Why does prime keep advertising for themselves, an effort to get you to waste another 120 bucks a year?
There is some value to self promotion, but the sheer frequency may be to fill unused ad inventory. When the NFL is on b’cast or CATV there always a pretty decent chunk of local advertising slots. My guess is Amazon has figured out the early national ad rates they need to charge to make money in the investment, but they may have had to commit a certain amount of inventory to local advertisers.

Many local TV advertisers may not be fully onboard with the digital streaming (hence the 1001 ads for the man with square feet on VCU games), so some markets may have lots of unused inventory—and you have to fill it with something so why not self promote—caught your eye 😉

FWIW: YouTubeTV fills some of their open inventory with their “moments of zen”