News News About RAMS In The Pros

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
High school coach to the NFL. I'm sure this will end well.
Yeah. He was a great player who will probably be in the Hall of Fame one day (one of the best centers ever to play the game), but he has zero coaching experience. Colts might've picked him just to have a warm body in the position, considering that other coaches and assistants are likely to be fired as well and wouldn't work as an interim head coach.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Maybe he is like a short-term interim coach....like as for just a week until they can meet with some former NFL head coaches or other assistants. If the intent if for the long term, then there are more problems with the colts organization than just their recently fired head coach

rammad90

Elite Member
Yeah. He was a great player who will probably be in the Hall of Fame one day (one of the best centers ever to play the game), but he has zero coaching experience. Colts might've picked him just to have a warm body in the position, considering that other coaches and assistants are likely to be fired as well and wouldn't work as an interim head coach.
Still a STUPID move. You basically gave up on the players. Better to have kept the existing HC and ride it out. Fwiw, what do you expect the team has no QB?

Last edited:

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Like others.... I think this is a dumb move... for a multitude of reasons.
1. He's never been a head coach above the HS level. And as I say when it comes to players... same holds true for coaches. College is a bigger animal than HS & NFL is bigger than College.

Dude has never coached young adults.... why would grown men listen to him? Sure he's played the game on a high level & played with some HOFers... but hes never even been an assistant coach let alone a HC above the HS level.

2. You got Gus Bradley & John Fox on that staff.... both with 30+ years of coaching experience. John Fox who has led 2 different teams to a super bowl (albeit they lost both).... Sure their defensive minded coaches.... and the offense is the issue, well if you're gonna pull someone off ESPN to come in & coach the team who has 0 coaching experience over 2 former HC's on your roster... why even bother having them there? Lets be honest.... especially since he hasn't been with the team all year. So how does he know whats going on behind closed doors.

If they fired their O-Line coach & brought Saturday in to try & fix that, and elevate someone else to HC... sure, that I could see. But head coach right off the bat? Terrible move.

Colts are lucky the Trade deadline passed already cause I feel like after this move, several players woulda demanded a trade at the deadline.

RonnieDobbs

Elite Member
They can deny it all they want but imo they are tanking. Putting unqualified guys in charge. C'mon Irsay just be honest.

Mercury

Elite Member
Upgrade to a limited practice is a step in the right direction for the big man. Hopefully he doesn't push himself past what he is capable of in a lost season.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Still a STUPID move. You basically gave up on tiger players. Better token the existing HC and ride it out. Fwiw, what do you expect the team has no QB.
They are clearly tanking, no one worth a flip would step in mid-season. Jeff and Irsay are close, I bet he is in role more to keep the quality vets engaged than for strategy- he is respected.

He won’t get the job, they’ll have to comply with the Rooney rule in the offseason, Jeff’s resume won’t pass the sniff test vs. anyone much less someone like Eric Bienemy. He’ll likely take a front office role after the new coach is hired.