News News About RAMS In The Pros

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Just noticed that Justin Tillman is no longer on the Grand Rapids Gold's roster. He hasn't been called up to the Nuggets, so any idea what happened to him?

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Win or Lose, we're riding with these Ram guys!

giphy.gif

Mo and The Colts tonight, 815pm, MNF, home game on ESPN! Next game after that, Sunday Jan 1, 1pm at Giants.

Last edited:

Rams4Life

Elite Member
Insider
I wasn't a fan.
Fair enough. I was implying that Sean Taylor is kind of the bar when it comes to NFL safeties. Before they changed the rules, James’ hit last night would’ve been textbook for a defensive back, and applauded. Sean Taylor set that bar based on all of the greats that came before him, so it wasn’t like he invented that style of play.

Look at all of the HOF safeties, they all hit like that.

Havoc2Ut2

Elite Member
Fair enough. I was implying that Sean Taylor is kind of the bar when it comes to NFL safeties. Before they changed the rules, James’ hit last night would’ve been textbook for a defensive back, and applauded. Sean Taylor set that bar based on all of the greats that came before him, so it wasn’t like he invented that style of play.

Look at all of the HOF safeties, they all hit like that.
Starting with I hate to see hits like that and the punishment should be harsh. Having said that every safety in the league has to gain a reputation as a hard hitter. It's just the way it is, but going for the head is obviously bad and the safeties need to understand that a dangerous hit is never acceptable. There are many hits that get called for which the safety wasn't targeting his guy. There's a thin line for those hits.

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
Could care less about James' hit, but there is no call to drag the great Sean Taylor into this. Taylor was not a dirty player by any means. He was a physical freak and had the mentality to match. Definitely a feared hitter, but he played within the rules. Helmet-to-helmet hits are unavoidable in pro football, these guys are simply too big and too fast for their own good.

Rams4Life

Elite Member
Insider
Could care less about James' hit, but there is no call to drag the great Sean Taylor into this. Taylor was not a dirty player by any means. He was a physical freak and had the mentality to match. Definitely a feared hitter, but he played within the rules. Helmet-to-helmet hits are unavoidable in pro football, these guys are simply too big and too fast for their own good.
You’re 100% right and that’s why I used Taylor as an example. That’s why I said he set the bar. Nobody called him a dirty player.

The hit by James was a split second away from being another hard hit without a flag. James was gunning for the numbers and the receiver went low, so he hit him in the shoulder. It happens, like you said.