NHL playoffs

Mar 23, 2012
...and anything hockey related for that matter. Unless of course this takes on an unbridled multi-prong and sprawling dialogue that requires divergent threads and/or forums.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
Lets go caps.
Seriously, this series is great. Multiple games going to ot and the power play with the caps having a 2 man advantage down 1.

Apr 15, 2011
I'm not a huge hockey fan but I grew up rooting for the Red Wings and I was pleasantly surprised to see them beat the Ducks. Now on to the Blackhawks...not gonna be easy.

Apr 15, 2011
Go Wings!!! I'm thoroughly enjoying all the hand-wringing about the Blackhawks coming from the national media.

Mar 23, 2012
Wings Hawks is great so far, my guess is they're going to 7. Toews is going to have to step up big on Thursday. Datsyuk finally showed up - I think he'll be the X factor, with the Wings taking this series.

how bout them caps? fun stat: washington is now 0-9 (that's zero and nine) when leading a series 2-0.

Apr 15, 2011
Wow, 0-9!?!?!?! That's unbelievable.

I would guess Wings-Hawks going 7 too, though I don't like the prospect of the Wings trying to win another game 7 on the road.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Before this series... I had the Hawks winning this series easily in 4 games...5 max. I mean the Wings barely got by the Ducks and the Hawks have been clearly the best team out west most if not all year. But after seeing how the Wings have bounced back from game 1 against the Hawks, took game 2 in Chicago 4-1 and game 3 in Detroit...it's hard not to wanna say that Wings will take this series cause the Hawks seem to be taking the Wings very easy and Karma is coming back to bite them in butt.

I think Hawks will rebound, but right now I'm not sure who will win. This series is def going 6, and I could sure as heck see it going 7.

Apr 15, 2011
Yeah a lot of very knowledgeable people thought the Hawks would win easily. I thought the Wings would give them a fight though, the Ducks had the 3rd best record in the NHL this year, nothing to sniff at. Still, I didn't expect this from the Wings, I figured they'd probably go down in 6, maybe 7. Now, it's wide open although I guess my original prediction could still be right. Game 4 will be interesting to say the least.

Apr 15, 2011
Yep lookin' really good for my Wings right now. Hopefully they can finish them off on Saturday and prevent them from getting their bearings back.

AlienAiden

Insider
May 3, 2012
VCU has a better television package than the NHL. Last night I kept looking for the Rangers/Bruins game but could not find it. I decided to watch American Greed on CNBC and BOOM there it was. Are the finals on Oxygen?

Reactions: MarkraM

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Yeah the play offs have been on CNBC, NBC Sports...the red wings vs hawks game sat is on NBC.... I suspect they will either be on NBC or NBC Sports....the NBA finals will either Be on ABC, TNT or maybe ESPN.