Nick Kern has committed to VCU

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
Maybe it’s been posted but this is video of kern form summer. He’s a slasher on offense undoubtedly and we’ve seen some of his highlights dunking this winter. Hope he can shoot some too, but he’s got so much swag. Philly-like swagger

Reactions: DisplacedRam

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

Bossi’s take: I have been able to watch Nicholas Kern play for his high school team and summer team’s every year since he was a freshman -- heck I even watched his dad play in high school. The last time I saw him was just a little over a week ago in St. Louis and the Vashon senior who is headed to VCU could be one of the biggest steals of the 2021 recruiting class before it is all said and done.

Pushing 6-foot-7, Kern is a long and athletic wing who has tremendous instincts, plays hard and has positional versatility. His jump shot is still a work in progress, but he can really handle the ball, is a good passer, communicates with his teammates and has the tools to be an All-Conference level defender for the Rams thanks to his quick hands, good feet and the ability to switch. Kern’s upside is tremendous, and I won’t be surprised if SEC and Big 12 programs aren’t eventually wondering why they didn’t try to get more involved.