Nick Kern has committed to VCU

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Nick is certainly a very nice get. It's nice to take-out DePaul and TCU, but particularly SLU. Ford is an excellent recruiter and Nick was in his backyard(Vashon). If memory serves me correct Nick's father committed to SLU around 2000 or so before going JUCO. It's pretty clear that Mike covets, length, versatility, aggressiveness, and swagger in his recruits. At the end of the day this is going to be a very tall, long, and versatile team. Very bright future ahead.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Nick is certainly a very nice get. It's nice to take-out DePaul and TCU, but particularly SLU. Ford is an excellent recruiter and Nick was in his backyard(Vashon). If memory serves me correct Nick's father committed to SLU around 2000 or so before going JUCO. It's pretty clear that Mike covets, length, versatility, aggressiveness, and swagger in his recruits. At the end of the day this is going to be a very tall, long, and versatile team. Very bright future ahead.
Something clearly has changed in their approach. They are going for length, length and more length. The layup line is going to be super impressive

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Something clearly has changed in their approach. They are going for length, length and more length. The layup line is going to be super impressive

I agree. In addition to length it also appears that he is recruiting guys that are more aggressive and have more swagger. Good attributes to possess in my opinion.

Reactions: SPI-DA1

smiley4284

Top Member
Jul 7, 2011
We just got a Top 100 and 150 players. Corona kept these guys under radar. Been waiting on a great commit video

Last edited:
Reactions: DisplacedRam
Nov 4, 2011
I like the part where SCHUZ states that he thinks Deloach is a top 100 player in the class of 21.
Anyone also notice around the 18 minute mark where he directly asks if there's anyone he wants to add to the class; he said "[Rhoades told him he had 6'10" kid, but couldn't remember his name"]...? Gotta be Roosevelt, right? Not saying that's a commitment, but sounds promising.