Nicky Jones

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
My friends, fellow fans and former classmates. One of our own, Nicky Jones, has recently suffered some setbacks that have adversely affected him emotionally and physically. As I work with his wife I know that RamNation could positively do something to buoy his spirits. I know many of you remember him as a silky smooth shooting guard for the Rams from the late eighties. He gave so much for us and his team mates, could we do something for him? A note, a card, just some communication that we remember him and wish him well and a speedy recovery. I am going to post the address where he can receive some well wishes from us. If anyone would like to speak to him personally shoot me a PM and I will give you his phone number.

We talk about how we value our former players, now is an opportunity to put that into practice. From the bottom of my heart I thank you and I know he will appreciate it.

Mr Nicholas Jones
109 Walton Heath
Williamsburg, Virginia 23188

Jul 10, 2009
While I didn't know Nicky, I remember his game. He was always a great ambassador on the court. I will keep him and his family in my prayers. Please let him know Ram Fans have not forgotten him, and thanks for making us aware.

Reactions: RamBo

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Geez.... not a good time for former Rams right now.... Mills, Sonia Johnson & now Nick Jones.....

I haven't followed VCU Bball as long as a lot of you have..... so I only knew Sonia from VCU WBB.... but man this is sad that all these Rams are not doing well health wise.

Reactions: VCU<3 and RamBo

RamBo

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Wow. Somehow I missed this. I just caught wind something was wrong..... as I saw another post / thread by Rowdy-PK. Man- this is sad news. 2 of my All-Time favorite RAMS are Sheron Mills and Nicky Jones. I LOVED Nicky Jones back in the day. One of the more under-rated players we have ever had around here, IMHO. Injuries and timing killed his career, but as a Senior, he was unstoppable- although on a bad Team. Vic- thank you for sharing this info. I want to get him out a card. Maybe an old game Program with him in it / on it. Thanks for the info. I might pm you.