NIT Bracketology

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
This thread is depressing.
No, just the people posting in it are. I see absolutely nothing wrong with Natty doing a NIT Bracketology thread, since it's likely where we are headed sparring a 4 day run in Brooklyn, or sparring losing out & losing our first game in Brooklyn.

Reactions: Hoos A Ram

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Not nearly as depressing as watching the last 4 VCU basketball games.
I'd say 3 of last 4. I was actually feeling alright (despite the loss) after the Dayton game. Now GMU, Richmond & SLU.... those are different stories altogether. Not a single one of those games left me feeling ok.

Reactions: RamStrut

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
As much as I hate not making the NCAA Tournament, there's no way we'd turn down an NIT invite. We are not above it and we could get the youngins some extra experience.
agreed. We aren't a blue blood program...we aren't even in a power 5. Witchita st. have gone to the NIT twice in the last 10 years and done well the following year.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
No, just the people posting in it are. I see absolutely nothing wrong with Natty doing a NIT Bracketology thread, since it's likely where we are headed sparring a 4 day run in Brooklyn, or sparring losing out & losing our first game in Brooklyn.
I'm not saying Natty is wrong by starting this thread. I'm simply saying it's sad that we have to look at the reality of working towards being an NIT team as opposed to an NCAAT team that most all of us expected at the start and middle of the season.

Reactions: Beirne and SWV

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Richmond isn't getting a 1-seed. Mark my words.
Well, you're right, they aren't because they're likely in the NCAA tournament barring a late-season collapse.

People saying we're above playing in the NIT are quite honestly insane, especially considering that games are games, you don't pay to play in the NIT (unlike the CBI, which we turned down a couple years ago), and any opportunity to develop the underclassman talent we have on this team is a welcome one.

Last edited:

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
We turned down postseason tournaments 2 years ago.

It’s not quitting to turn down these lesser tournaments. Playing in them is about what the players want to do and whether it’s actually going to help the program going forward.
Not the NIT. The CBI and CIT are barely hanging on and taking whoever they can get. Teams don't decline NIT bids.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
I don't detect sarcasm very well much of the time...but I think he was being sarcastic.
Yeah, hopefully. There really needs to be a sarcastic font developed. My Sar-cas-o'meter 2000 must be out of calibration again.