Official 2019 Postseason Thread

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
It was a foul, but what a tissue-soft call. Guy had a chance to win it at the end and the shot wasn't impeded. Let that be good enough.

No chance at all they call that if it was Monday's game.

Reactions: rvaram and SWV
Nov 28, 2012
It was a foul, but what a tissue-soft call. Guy had a chance to win it at the end and the shot wasn't impeded. Let that be good enough.

When he was here at VCU, and even now, I’ve always been a huge fan of Samir. Natural scorer and great young man.

Now, I’d like you try to go shoot a three pointer and have somebody make contact with your lower body and slide their feet under you, giving you no landing area. It absolutely impedes the shot, and any suggestion otherwise is ludicrous. The contact with the body was light, but the real danger is Samir’s feet. In full speed it doesn’t look that bad, but if you look at the slow motion up close and see where Samir’s feet land (literally under Guy), it’s a bad and dangerous foul. This is the exact same thing that happened to Kawhi Leonard that had literally everyone except GS fans cursing Zaza P.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
Also, uva fans forfeit the right to ever complain about coach k and duke getting calls for the rest of their existence in the acc. If I were an auburn fan id burn it down

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
When he was here at VCU, and even now, I’ve always been a huge fan of Samir. Natural scorer and great young man.

Now, I’d like you try to go shoot a three pointer and have somebody make contact with your lower body and slide their feet under you, giving you no landing area. It absolutely impedes the shot, and any suggestion otherwise is ludicrous. The contact with the body was light, but the real danger is Samir’s feet. In full speed it doesn’t look that bad, but if you look at the slow motion up close and see where Samir’s feet land (literally under Guy), it’s a bad and dangerous foul. This is the exact same thing that happened to Kawhi Leonard that had literally everyone except GS fans cursing Zaza P.
Oh, I get why it's a foul and agree it should be. That particular foul isn't called well in my opinion - I give Guy a lot of credit for not doing a leg kick to initiate contact and try to bait a call - and is ripe for exploitation if there's an official that wants to insert himself into a game either with a call or no call, particularly when there's little time left and the score is tight. I'm also a firm believer in "playoff fouls" and don't think that one qualified. Don't think CBS was too upset about the possibility of UVA/Michigan State, but that's a different conversation altogether.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009

I bet they also don't call it if the roles were reversed. (even though It was a legit foul.. not debating that). Same reason the double dribble wasn't called. There was no defender close by, it was an obvious double dribble... but nope not called.

It's a better story to have UVA in the Nat'l Title game the year after being the first to lose to a 16 seed in the tournament. The ultimate comeback story.

Auburn in the Nat'l title.... what story line is there besides "Seeking 1st Nat'l Title in school history"? Not Many.

I almost guarantee you UVA wins Monday.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
I bet they also don't call it if the roles were reversed. (even though It was a legit foul.. not debating that). Same reason the double dribble wasn't called. There was no defender close by, it was an obvious double dribble... but nope not called.

It's a better story to have UVA in the Nat'l Title game the year after being the first to lose to a 16 seed in the tournament. The ultimate comeback story.

Auburn in the Nat'l title.... what story line is there besides "Seeking 1st Nat'l Title in school history"? Not Many.

I almost guarantee you UVA wins Monday.
Texas Tech would be well advised to leave no room for doubt