Official 2019 Postseason Thread

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Last shot, first shot. The call should be the same.
Sure it should. I'm not convinced it is, and I'm definitely not convinced I wouldn't have swallowed my whistle there. If you are (not intended to call you out specifically, a general you), you might be a better man than me.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
On the last shot of the game? I wouldn't call it.
Then Geode you should never ref. While it appears on its face the call cost Auburn the game, if you are UVA you call the perfect play and the other player gets under your guys legs undermining his chance to win, isn't that just as bad?

Nah call it like the rules dictate. I for one am still pissed about the St. Johns game, when Evans got mauled on his 3 point shot.

Reactions: connell and mrgeode

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Then Geode you should never ref. While it appears on its face the call cost Auburn the game, if you are UVA you call the perfect play and the other player gets under your guys legs undermining his chance to win, isn't that just as bad?

Nah call it like the rules dictate. I for one am still pissed about the St. Johns game, when Evans got mauled on his 3 point shot.
No chance of that happening. I know my limits.

Reactions: rammad90

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Jerome committed a double dribble. It was missed.

Doughty fouled Guy on the three pointer. It was called correctly.

Really, what more is there to say? The refs batted .500, which is .500 better than what Chris Davis is currently hitting.
They could miss all the calls but one and still have a better average than Mr. Davis
Chris Davis has it a home run thou...still owed 90m on his contract.

Reactions: buckwheat

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Looking at that pic- where the player bodies are, where the referee is standing and his angle,I think he has to call that. It’s not like Samir put him off the court or anything but there was contact and ending up under the shooter is not good...
/he said, while sitting on the patio with a lawnmower beer;) A Man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

Still pee’d at that St. John’s call too but if there had been as much contact as in that pic, I’d like to think there would have been a whistle.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Looking at that pic- where the player bodies are, where the referee is standing and his angle,I think he has to call that. It’s not like Samir put him off the court or anything but there was contact and ending up under the shooter is not good...
/he said, while sitting on the patio with a lawnmower beer;) A Man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

Still pee’d at that St. John’s call too but if there had been as much contact as in that pic, I’d like to think there would have been a whistle.
It was the correct call. That is a foul 100 times out of 100.

Reactions: Leisure and vcu70