Official new Coach (Welcome Coach Rhoades!!) thread>>>>

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I broke Shaka to VCU, I played on the VCU TBT team last year and I never said Rhoades wasn't awake, only that he asked for real conversations to wait until tomorrow. And, if you don't have a problem with the language on this board, then you don't understand what I mean.
He also used to pass out thread wins and then left us before I could figure out how to exchange those points for prizes!

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Rasheed has my vote. Let's do this in-house.

If not him, Rhoades, but I'll be surprised if Rhodes pulls a Wade on Rice.
Well, look at it professionally. Rhoades has turned the program around, however he's in a one bid conference ranked 23rd in the country. His only path to the dance is winning the conference tournament. He has much deeper roots in Richmond than Wade. Wade left his home state to come back to VCU. To my knowledge Rhoades had no ties to Texas or that part of the country.

While I could totally see Rhoades staying at Rice and could also see him being OK with leaving as well.

Nov 9, 2009
Dont get me wrong, I'm cool with an insider, but appalled vcufam would leave this board due to racism or comments. Maybe my ignore list is set up perfect.

Thanks Sometimes. Don't listen to the haters.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Well, look at it professionally. Rhoades has turned the program around, however he's in a one bid conference ranked 23rd in the country. His only path to the dance is winning the conference tournament. He has much deeper roots in Richmond than Wade. Wade left his home state to come back to VCU. To my knowledge Rhoades had no ties to Texas or that part of the country.

While I could totally see Rhoades staying at Rice and could also see him being OK with leaving as well.
You got a point. Like I said, gas up the plane, send it down and have it idling on the tarmac in Houston and get this thing done quick so that we have a shot at keeping some of our recruits. It's all about the program. WW can go to Baton Rouge and lose all he wants. I can't imagine that he's going to have a long leash down there. He'll be expected to win in short order.

Reactions: RamStrut
Mar 25, 2013
Eventually I hope we find a coach that values VCU as more than a stepping stone to a bigger conference. Currently I would look at Mike Rhodes and King Rice. Also we need to be proactive in positioning ourselves to move to a better conference if we have the opportunity.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
I'll update you all when I know more. People here can attest I'm VCU till I die and that I have a lot of inside sources. I will never lie to this board.
Appreciate you coming back right now. Please keep us updated. I so hope Rhoades accepts.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
I'm wondering if Ed got blindsided like everyone else? He should probably release a statement of some sort to retain some order.

Finance Ram 10

Top Member
Jan 11, 2013
I'm wondering if Ed got blindsided like everyone else? He should probably release a statement of some sort to retain some order.
I suspect there's a lot going on behind the scenes still, but would be surprised if we do not see some sort of official statement this morning.