OFFICIAL VCU GEAR A DISSAPOINTMENT

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Well maybe now VCU will make a Baseball Jersey available for sale.

If enough people ask for one... And people start going to games and supporting them and such... It could happen.... But like @BOOMShakalaka said in a previous post about how hard it was just to get a bball jersey...

If we want a baseball jersey... We will have to get a lot of support for baseball and we will have to get enough people to be willing to buy one in order for it to be worth their wild of making them.

Earlier, I gave the example of Golf gear that I was told would be made available to me with a donation to the program. I have no problem donating. I have donated. I will continue to donate. However, I would love to be able to go to a store a buy a few of the same items for $10 - $25 that I see advertised for other schools. Instead of the wink and nod for a couple hundred bucks.

Example:
VCU Golf Gear - Basically just Polos & Tees - http://shop.vcuathletics.com/COLLEGE_VCU_Rams_Golf_And_More

UVA Golf Gear - http://www.cavalierteamshop.com/Dept.aspx?cp=1225_56407_11496 (click on accessories).

VT Golf Gear - http://shop.hokiesports.com/search/golf/category/3096

Even JMU beats us in the non-clothing category for Golf
JMU Golf Gear - http://www.bkstr.com/jamesmadisonstore/shop/golf-10052--1

sad. very sad

If enough people ask for one... And people start going to games and supporting them and such... It could happen.... But like @BOOMShakalaka said in a previous post about how hard it was just to get a bball jersey...

If we want a baseball jersey... We will have to get a lot of support for baseball and we will have to get enough people to be willing to buy one in order for it to be worth their wild of making them.

Order? Just put them up for sale in the bookstore, they would rock! They could just remove maybe 10 of the 50 different lame sweatshirts they have been trying to sell for 7 years. Most of the stuff they try sell at B&N bookstore would be a tough sell at Goodwill.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Order? Just put them up for sale in the bookstore, they would rock! They could just remove maybe 10 of the 50 different lame sweatshirts they have been trying to sell for 7 years. Most of the stuff they try sell at B&N bookstore would be a tough sell at Goodwill.

You obviously didn't read the context of what I said.... Re-read what I said....

You obviously didn't read the context of what I said.... Re-read what I said....
I did read what you said, attendance to a certain sporting event should have no effect a type of merchandise offered. My rant is they have the same lame merchandise, mostly sweatshirts and they don't sell, but they keep buying more. Quit trying to RAM the same lame stuff down our throat and offer something new. We don't have a football team, but if they offered a VCU style jersey they would not be able to keep them on the shelves because they would sell so fast. What you wear to a VCU event should not matter if it's baseball or football style....it's the colors and logos that you are sporting.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I did read what you said, attendance to a certain sporting event should have no effect a type of merchandise offered. My rant is they have the same lame merchandise, mostly sweatshirts and they don't sell, but they keep buying more. Quit trying to RAM the same lame stuff down our throat and offer something new. We don't have a football team, but if they offered a VCU style jersey they would not be able to keep them on the shelves because they would sell so fast. What you wear to a VCU event should not matter if it's baseball or football style....it's the colors and logos that you are sporting.

Ok... but lets face it.... if people don't support our baseball team.... why would someone buy a VCU Baseball T-Shirt or jersey? Unless they are the kind of bandwagon fan that only cheer for our teams when they are winning.... and want nothing to do with them when they lose. Some people even made the comment of.... "We have a baseball team?" Sure they could be joking.... or maybe they just mean.... they never hear anything about them.... because the only thing that most VCU fans care about is MBB.

It's the same reason you pretty much never see any VCU WBB gear, T&F gear, and stuff like that.... because we don't get a lot of support for those teams..... and again If someone finds WBB boring, pointless... or whatever other words people use to describe it.... You honestly think people are going to buy that gear? No, they won't.

As for a VCU style football jersey "selling out fast".... I highly doubt they would sell out fast... .sure they might sell.... but I doubt they'd sell out fast.... and a lot of people will be like "What's the point of having VCU Football Jerseys" when we don't have a football team.

You have to look at the business & Marketing side of things.... if there's not a lot of interest in the sport.... there's probably not going to be a lot of interest in the gear that goes with that sport for the school.

Which is why we need to get a lot of support for VCU Baseball..... and we need to get a lot of people to go into the bookstore and ask for VCU Baseball jerseys..... I'm sure if enough people asked for them to get VCU Baseball Jerseys..... they might actually consider doing it.

It won't work if just one or two random people walk in there and say "Do you have any VCU Baseball gear?" or "Do you plan on getting any VCU Baseball jerseys" etc..... because all the time & money that it would take to come up with a design for the uniform and then decide what player # to put on there..... get it approved by athletics & then have it sent to the store... or shipped to the customer..... would cost more money than the customer who wanted the gear would be willing to spend......

HOWEVER...... if a couple hundred or more people go in and ask for that stuff.... Then it would be worth their time & money.... because a lot of companies that print off t-shirts will give some discounts on shirts the more you order..... so if we had 500 people walk in and say they wanted a VCU Baseball jersey.... whoever they get to make them, might give VCU a discount overall since we are buying in bulk..... instead of just paying for 1 or 2 jerseys to be made.

I have had season tickets for basketball for what, fifteen years... I would never consider buying a basketball jersey. However if they offered the other types I would have both.

I'm not here to argue with you Rowdy, since we have 180 degree opinions on the subject and we will never agree with each others view on the subject. Peace Out!