One Word: Hinton

Apr 28, 2009
IMHO the difference in the game was the play by David Hinton to get two quick fouls on Stutz to sit him on the bench. With Stutz out VCU was able to seize momentum and build up a nine point lead at the half. Coming back in he had a quick third foul and went back to the bench. By the time he got back in the gam around the 8 minute mark he was good and cold. He became a non factor. To be able to keep a teams top scorer to only 4 points was huge. The inside presence was greatly affected. I am so happy for that kid because he did his job. He waited his turn and got to play a crucial part in this very entertaining and incredible game. Keep up the good work David! :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Feb 8, 2010
David Hinton is all heart.

I just wish he didn't look quite so awkward with the ball in his hands. :?

Apr 28, 2009
BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:
Yeah, when he wasnt in there in the second half WSU actually took the lead.
Only because we did our usual dissapearing act. Weber made a lot of crucial errors and going to the zone did not help. I was a huge plus that Stutz was not in most of the game. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Jul 10, 2009
Extremely happy for Hinton! Regarding Hall's presence for WSU, was anyone else like me mumbling what if? I wouldn't give up any of our players, but must admit I liked his physical play.

Jan 17, 2010
Definitely deserves credit. He leaves it all on the court and for the record, we are still undefeated this season when he plays 8-)

Dec 19, 2009
I thought not only Hinton's play was key but DJ gave us some good minutes too. Held his own on d and that 3 pt play was sweet.. Loved Juvonte's drop step basket in particular plus his blocks. Overall very good night for our bigs............minus Juvonte's foul trouble.

Feb 8, 2010
iracer8 said:
5 minutes 0 points 0 rebounds 0 assists 0 turnovers 1 personal foul....just saying
2 charges drawn. Sometimes a player's impact isn't reflected in the stat sheet.

SwiftyClown

Top Member
Nov 19, 2011
iracer8 said:
5 minutes 0 points 0 rebounds 0 assists 0 turnovers 1 personal foul....just saying

the boxscore isnt everything.
he played with a lot of hustle and defensive aggressiveness and drew 2 charges in the 1st.
TBH, he's played very well since the CAA tourney started.
its not always about stats.