One Word: Hinton

Mar 15, 2011
seriously though! BUMP THIS THREAD

David Hinton meant so much to this game. Completely go their big man out of the game. It was incredible those charges he took. Love it, just loved watching Shaka let that kid get big minutes in a big game and watch him have such an impact. Let us not underestimate what Hinton gave us tonight. Stotz was their leading scorer according to espn. he only played 16 minutes tonight. HUGE

go hinton!

Feb 29, 2012
iracer8 said:
5 minutes 0 points 0 rebounds 0 assists 0 turnovers 1 personal foul....just saying

Cool meaningless stats bro, where did you get them?

Hinton was the X factor in this game. Saturday night its going to be Teddy. than Shaka can unleash Reco against kentucky.

Mar 9, 2010
Notty said:
Hinton was the X factor in this game. Saturday night its going to be Teddy. than Shaka can unleash Reco against kentucky.

I like what you're gettin' at here. Guest would be our secret weapon against Duke...

Apr 19, 2009
iracer8 said:
5 minutes 0 points 0 rebounds 0 assists 0 turnovers 1 personal foul....just saying

Tep the announcers were right, they said someone would look at Hinton's line and think he didnt do anything...he did was was needed...he had 2 huge charges...one was the 2nd on Stutz although I thought WSU was better with CArl Hall in there

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Props to Hinton. He was huge for use even if it doesn't show in the stat line. Man the guy earns every minute he plays.

Mar 14, 2011
iracer8 said:

Sometimes I wonder if people know what they're watching when they're watching a basketball game. :lol:

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
rptl530 said:
iracer8 said:

Sometimes I wonder if people know what they're watching when they're watching a basketball game. :lol:

Exactly, we didn't put him in the game for his offensive firepower. When he comes in it is to draw fouls, push their bigs around and deny them the ball, and that is exactly what he did. Mission accomplished.

Dec 11, 2011
major ram said:
iracer8 said:

Tep the announcers were right, they said someone would look at Hinton's line and think he didnt do anything...he did was was needed...he had 2 huge charges...one was the 2nd on Stutz although I thought WSU was better with CArl Hall in there

Bingo. That 2nd foul on Stutz was HUGE and is a crucial inflection point for us. Carl played great but Carl is not who Wichita's offense and sets are designed around (unfortunately enough for them last night...).

Mar 9, 2010
Hinton needs to work for our AD doing P.R. or something when he graduates. I've exchanged just a few words with him only a couple of times, but he'll talk to you like you're family if you're a fan. Knows the team inside and out too. He could have absolutely no skill (which isn't the case, he cherishes his role and is effective with it) and Shaka would still utilize him for his contagious pride, courage, and great work-ethic. I don't remember which one it was, but there was a post-game presser last year where Coach Smart heaped so much praise on Hinton that he made it sound like David was easily one of our "off-court" leaders (in the lockers, at practice, at the gym, etc.). I'm 100% confident that if we didn't have Hinton this season, then we wouldn't have the amazing camaraderie, courage, and team-chemistry that forced some of our more heated-contests into wins. He's one of those guys that's essential in getting the rest of the younger players in the right mindset and will continue to be an important figure for us next season when Brad's humility and dedication can't be drawn off of.

Apr 19, 2009
Interesting point about the Nike store. Hinton was able to visit it because he's not on a scholly. Scholly players can't visit it per what Robby Robinson said during a phone interview with SportsRadio910 a few days ago... :roll:

Mar 9, 2010
VCUJamaicanGuy said:
Interesting point about the Nike store. Hinton was able to visit it because he's not on a scholly. Scholly players can't visit it per what Robby Robinson said during a phone interview with SportsRadio910 a few days ago... :roll:

He always turns down the scholarship because he knows his shoe addiction will get him in trouble. OK I totally made that up.