Players Ooof. Now Jarren (again)

VCUBusiness

Elite Member
I think we need to start asking for someone in leadership to speak to these somewhat recurring issues over the past few years. What have they changed from a conditioning and workout perspective and what do they think is causing it?

ISwamRam

Elite Member
I think we need to start asking for someone in leadership to speak to these somewhat recurring issues over the past few years. What have they changed from a conditioning and workout perspective and what do they think is causing it?
before we start speculating...I'd like to know how our situation compares to the averages. I'm not gonna say it's a program issue w/o knowing how we compare.
But...I'd venture a guess...the issues we've seen with repeat injuries may have more to do w/ the person's DNA than our program.

rvaram

Elite Member
Seems like some people are just way more prone to this sort of thing than others. It sucks but Rhoades was probably crazier/more intense when he was here as an assistant under shaka and I don't recall any issues

vcumad

Elite Member
Insider
That is one of the dumbest comments I've read on this board in a long time. The training facilities at the BDC are first class and the physical development of many players are documented every year. The idea that our "conditioning and workout perspective" has anything to do with these injuries is absolutely absurd.

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
before we start speculating...I'd like to know how our situation compares to the averages. I'm not gonna say it's a program issue w/o knowing how we compare.
But...I'd venture a guess...the issues we've seen with repeat injuries may have more to do w/ the person's DNA than our program.
I feel like we were very fortunate with major season-ending injuries for a lot of years compared to other teams. We are definitely regressing more towards the mean lately though.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
Ace injured himself in a pick up game off campus. Jamir injured himself 10 minutes into the first practice. They aren't doing anything at VCU out of the ordinary. Dumb luck
I think our on court intensity has been higher than most other teams since Grant (and especially SS). That kind of intensity we have isn't the result of a good pre-game pep talk. We have a culture of giving 110% at all times. This is unfortunate and I feel very badly for these kids. But it is the price you pay for a chance at greatness.

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider

Don't you think they analize and study this daily? Also, just because a team has multiple injuries it doesn't mean there is any commonality besides the uniform. A kid tearing an achilles while playing pick up at home on break, a kid tearing an ACL minutes into practice and a kid ( who ovsiously has a propensity for this injury ) tearing one a week later in practice are unrelated to anything about our fitness or preparation or style of play. Just three unrealted events that sadly hurt each player and therefor the team. Folks always want to blame our style of play, then I ask was the slow down Princeton style of play to blame for all the injuries at UR? I will answer for you- NO

Best of luck to Jarren, any remorse is for him after working so hard to come back.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
back to back season enders for Jarren, unreal. Feel terrible for him 😳