Orlando will host the following eight early season hoops events

Feb 10, 2009
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein

Sources: Orlando will host the following eight early season events during the first few weeks of the college basketball season. Champions Classic Jimmy V Classic Wooden Legacy Preseason NIT Orlando Invitational Charleston Classic Myrtle Beach Invitational Diamond Head Classic

during the first few weeks of the college basketball season.
Champions Classic​
Jimmy V Classic​
Wooden Legacy​
Preseason NIT​
Orlando Invitational​
Charleston Classic​
Myrtle Beach Invitational​
Diamond Head Classic​

May 1, 2009
Wow, I may actually get to see VCU play this year! Aren't we in the Charleston Classic?

I can't find a 2020 schedule anywhere

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Wow, I may actually get to see VCU play this year! Aren't we in the Charleston Classic?

I can't find a 2020 schedule anywhere
They have not created a bracket yet. It was scheduled for November 19, 20, and 22nd but it could be moved to different dates. The NCAA is due to make announcement on the date for the beginning of the season. Last thing I saw had the season starting later than the dates listed above for this tournament.

Here is the field for the Charleston Classic....

May 1, 2009
I'm betting not. But they better offer an awesome live streaming option. I'll pay top $ assuming I won't be buying tickets this year for home games.
You will probably have to sign up for ESPN+ where it will then be shown as a PPV package.....so that will be two things you will have to pay for.

Nov 26, 2017
I was hoping this tournament was going to be cancelled. VCU is so young this year that I doubt we have it together right at the beginning of the season. Keeping it real I can see us with one win out of the teams that are in this tournament . Not being negative but real!!!

• Sad
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I was hoping this tournament was going to be cancelled. VCU is so young this year that I doubt we have it together right at the beginning of the season. Keeping it real I can see us with one win out of the teams that are in this tournament . Not being negative but real!!!
Hyped VCU teams have not done well in tournaments so maybe this team will surprise you.

May 4, 2012
We likely wont fare well but we need the exposure for when we get to the better conference teams later on.

• Wow
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM