Orlando will host the following eight early season hoops events

Apr 21, 2009
Makes me wonder who else we might play while we’re down there. We wouldn’t be going to only play two games I’d think.

Dec 16, 2013
i thought MR told Robbie Robinson on the radio show that we intend to play 3 games there - one on Thursday, one on Friday and one on Sunday or something like that (the days of the week may not be accurate but there was a one day delay between the second and third game )
like many waiting to hear who we are playing - Penn State is a nice game - they lost their best player to graduation (stevens) and their other inside big - they return all 3 guards - so they will be weak inside - and young too

Reactions: SpiderRAM

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
i thought MR told Robbie Robinson on the radio show that we intend to play 3 games there - one on Thursday, one on Friday and one on Sunday or something like that (the days of the week may not be accurate but there was a one day delay between the second and third game )
like many waiting to hear who we are playing - Penn State is a nice game - they lost their best player to graduation (stevens) and their other inside big - they return all 3 guards - so they will be weak inside - and young too
I believe that is what he said.

Reactions: SpiderRAM
Nov 26, 2017
I hope we pull out of the Charleston classis too. I really don't see Tennessee playing in this because they really don't have anything to gain. As young as VCU will be this year I would love to see VCU warm up on some cupcakes to gain confidence and chemistry. Typically VCU has not done well in this tournament and Its going to take some time for us to gel. I would rather gel and gain chemistry on a local sports network rather than on National TV.

• Wow
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I hope we pull out of the Charleston classis too. I really don't see Tennessee playing in this because they really don't have anything to gain. As young as VCU will be this year I would love to see VCU warm up on some cupcakes to gain confidence and chemistry. Typically VCU has not done well in this tournament and Its going to take some time for us to gel. I would rather gel and gain chemistry on a local sports network rather than on National TV.
Well, it does not look like that will happen since they already scheduled Penn State who is in the Orlando tournaments bubble.

• Sad

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Coach has said that our first 3 games of the season will be in Orlando. Scheduling cupcakes at home (if possible) won't do anything for us. Also keep in mind that if we don't have fans and attendance we won't have money to buy games, so we'll have to play at neutral sites or games that we plan to return.

• Love

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Coach has said that our first 3 games of the season will be in Orlando. Scheduling cupcakes at home (if possible) won't do anything for us. Also keep in mind that if we don't have fans and attendance we won't have money to buy games, so we'll have to play at neutral sites or games that we plan to return.
Winning against cupcakes this year, if P5s opt not to play OOCs, will be very important. Also, the money for buy-games is likely already set from a budgeting standpoint, and don't forget that buy games may be cheaper this year precisely because there are no fans.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
I was just reading that Wake Forest is planning on holding an MTE in their city (presumptively on their campus I guess)

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
I knew they were a chickenpoop team. EDIT: didn't say poop.
They bailed on Orlando but they're going to be in a different MTE in Nebraska, probably to make travel arrangements easier (i.e. avoid flying).

That particular MTE's field so far consists of Saint Louis, Oklahoma State, Western Kentucky, LSU, Nebraska, Northern Iowa, Nevada, Illinois State, and Cleveland State, and San Francisco.