Ot: Another Reason Why Not To Have Fball...

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
40 degrees with poring down rain and the school is surprised that a good number of students went to a warm place near the end of the game? I could have told you that was going to happen.

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
You know I can recall when the men's BB team received little student support. Even when the Stu was built on campus. Luckily two things have happened, 1. Winning and 2. The AD understands that it isn't merely the game but the whole game day experience. Hopefully that thinking will continue, because the future of the program will depend in large part on the support that our students and young grads have for Rams basketball.

Reactions: SpiderRAM
Sep 27, 2012

Reactions: SPI-DA1

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
I have several responses to that...

1. It's 40 degrees & raining outside.... I woulda done the same thing. You want me to stay in this weather n watch the rest of the game? Use all that money Mich. St. Has and build a roof over our fricking heads.

2. Maybe some kids at that school can't afford to buy season tix to the games? I mean tuition keeps going up every year I'm sure, Mich. St. Keeps winning in both Bball n Football which Prob means ticket prices continue to go up... Especially in a big conference like the Big Ten and every year you play Ohio St., Michigan, Penn St., Minnesota & co.

3. Maybe someone doesn't wanna support the whole STUDENT-Athlete getting paid nonsense. So instead of showing up to support the team, they boycott.

4. It was a Saturday game... People coulda gone home for the weekend or went out to party.... Both of which college kids do on the weekends often.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
Football attendance and for that matter all live sporting events are dropping all over. This is nothing new but the TV money is the future. I know I would rather watch Redzone to keep track of my cover 5 picks and fantasy teams. Also, the stadiums are so big that you really can't watch the game like you can with a HD TV if you did care about the teams.

VCUFTW

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I have several responses to that...

1. It's 40 degrees & raining outside.... I woulda done the same thing. You want me to stay in this weather n watch the rest of the game? Use all that money Mich. St. Has and build a roof over our fricking heads.

2. Maybe some kids at that school can't afford to buy season tix to the games? I mean tuition keeps going up every year I'm sure, Mich. St. Keeps winning in both Bball n Football which Prob means ticket prices continue to go up... Especially in a big conference like the Big Ten and every year you play Ohio St., Michigan, Penn St., Minnesota & co.

3. Maybe someone doesn't wanna support the whole STUDENT-Athlete getting paid nonsense. So instead of showing up to support the team, they boycott.

4. It was a Saturday game... People coulda gone home for the weekend or went out to party.... Both of which college kids do on the weekends often.

The article said that students bought 13,000 season tickets this year and it was one of the most anticipated games on the schedule.

Blame it on the rain.

Reactions: Ramcounter

vcurams05

Top Member
Nov 8, 2011
I say using sh@#$@ weather as an excuse when you chose to attend a university in East Lansing Michigan is not valid!