Our Destiny

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
As far as the regular season goes there are no more important games than the next three. We hold our destiny in our hands. Win and we are champions. Lose and we have to depend on the fortunes or misfortunes of others as to where we end up in the NCAA tournament.

If we win the regular season and the A10 tournament I see us as a 3 or 4 seed and playing relatively close to home. If we stumble down the stretch I see us as a 5 or 6 seed and playing in some far away venue. Certainly our chances of advancing in the tournament are enhanced by a a higher seed. Playing relatively close to home would enable more VCU fans to attend and give our team a lift.

I realize it is a lot to ask in running the table up to Selection Sunday, but it is so tantalizing to think of what that would mean for us. I hope this doesn't jinx us and my fingers are crossed.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
If we get past UR on the road, Davidson is the killer.

7-1 at home in A10 play winning by an average of 15.6 pts.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
You play all year to get in this position -- where if you take care of business the whole thing is yours. Now we just have to do the heavy lifting. Lots of obstacles in our way.

Monty Zwei

Top Member
Feb 7, 2014
I like how our team doesn't look at the long run and aims to go 1-0 for every matchup, but I couldn't agree with you more. The hard fought win over UMASS was pretty critical to our current standing. The remaining 4 game stretch is our time to really focus, make sacrifices, and simply put in the necessary work. Going at least 2-2 might get us by while I think 3-1 let's us focus more on getting better for the NCAA tourny instead of feeling the pressure to shine in the Barclay's. I think that's completely doable and it helps that the top 4 all have to play 2 games against another top 4 team. No cakewalks for anyone. Time to roll up our sleeves and do the GD thing.

Reactions: Nic and VCU<3
C

CelticRam

I don't know if we will end up being a 3, 4, 5, or 6 seed, but I do know that we went over 25 years without a single digit seed in the NCAA tournament and now we are about to do it for the third year in a row. This is a big deal.
Not worrying about seeds so much as getting in and seeing the 2nd weekend. Seeding is too much of a crapshoot. Win the reg season win the tournament then you play for the gravy.

Aug 7, 2012
Not worrying about seeds so much as getting in and seeing the 2nd weekend. Seeding is too much of a crapshoot. Win the reg season win the tournament then you play for the gravy.
The path is important to the goal. We need the easiest path possible. Seeding is important. It's not everything, but it's important.

Reactions: VCU<3