Police State In Ferguson (and America?)

B

BracketForecast

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/14/ferguson-protests-police-response_n_5677741.html

o-FERGUSON-570.jpg

Bu-lkolCAAIwyN0.jpg:large

"police" dressed in military style gear disassemble gear belonging to an Al-Jazeera America news crew after they had to flee from tear gas.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
It really is a tragic situation. When you Google St Louis and segregation or racism I think you will be very surprised what you find. St Louis is a segregated city and the St Louis residents would agree. I say this and realize that Richmond is also segregated as lots of cities are due to finances and housing projects.
Our Ram Nation visitor @BustedDreams49 might be able to shed light on the St Louis situation and my thoughts since I have only visited once. You can really feel it when there is a tension in the air. I felt it is St Louis. I felt it in Memphis and at times in Richmond. I lived in Church Hill for years and I loved it but at times there would be some serious issues with racism on the part of caucasians and African Americans. Situations such as this are a springboard to get frustrations out about deep seated festering problems. This is my take on it in a rambling response.

Last edited:

BigE

Elite Member
that has been a festering sore for quite sometime, particularly in East St Louis

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
BREAKING: Rep. Clay Says St. Louis County Police to be Relieved of Duty #Ferguson

too little too late....this whole affair, from the initial shooting to the heavy handed response, has really pulled back the curtain on the racial disconnect that exists in and around St. Louis. The entire thing is sickening and, sadly, probably the "new normal". Does anyone think that this situation is an aberration??? Sadly, I say no.

B

BracketForecast

Why do we need to know that before the investigation is complete? Only really bad things will happen as a result of his name being released at this moment.

I'm just conveying that his name was released. Not condoning or condemning the action. The cat's already out of the bag, me posting it on the VCURN board isn't going to do anything.

Ramcounter

Elite Member
I'm just conveying that his name was released. Not condoning or condemning the action. The cat's already out of the bag, me posting it on the VCURN board isn't going to do anything.
I understand. My post was directed at the people who released it on twitter and to those who demanded it be released.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
http://www.ksdk.com/videos/news/local/2014/08/14/14042891/

Video of St. Louis County Swat disassembling the Al-Jazzera America TV gear after running them off with tear gas.

This whole thing is sickening, from the overblown reaction to the demonstration, to the Al-Jazeera America crews being tear gassed and having their equipment destroyed, to the Washington Post's reporters being beaten for "resisting arrest" after being forcibly removed from a press staging area.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
This whole thing is sickening, between the Al-Jazeera America crews having their equipment destroyed and the Washington Post's reporters being beaten for "resisting arrest" after being forcibly removed from a press staging area.
I read the Washington Post reporter was on his laptop in a McDonalds. He and a Huffington Post reporter were roughed up and arrested only to be released without any charges or explanation.

Last edited:
B

BracketForecast

I read the Wahington Post reporter was on his laptop in a McDonalds. He and a Huffington Post reporter were roughed up and arrested only to be released without any charges or explanation.

Is anyone in Richmond getting together for a rally for Mike Brown or anything of the sort? I'd like to join in.