Pot Shots from the Peanut Gallery

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Geno Auriema, women's basketball coach at UConn recently weighed in on the college men's game we all love so much. He actually referred to the game as a "joke". Mark Cuban the owner of the NBA Dallas Mavericks then criticized the college game as not doing enough to prepare players for the NBA.

While I feel some changes are in order for the men's game, (30 second shot clock and the end to ticky tack foul calling) I am amazed at the gall of these two. Personally I couldn't watch 10 minutes of an NBA game. To me the men's college BB game is as close to being the perfect spectator sport. The NBA has many things which make it tough to not fall asleep watching one of it's games. Not the least of which is a total lack of defense, the disloyalty of the players to the teams and a selfish "me first" attitude among many of it's stars. Hello Mark! The goal of NCAA basketball is not to prepare players for the NBA.

As for the women's game, at the risk of being labelled a sexist, I find it utterly boring and unwatchable. The women's game has made great strides in recent years in terms of player development, public interest and spectator attendance, but does not now nor will it ever rival the men's game in those categories. I realize many of you will disagree with me on this, but it is my humble opinion.

So while these gentlemen are entitled to their opinion, I find them laughable, ironic and dead wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2424701-mark-cuban-talks-state-of-college-basketball-impact-on-nba?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial#articles/2424701-mark-cuban-talks-state-of-college-basketball-impact-on-nba

Reactions: ramRN12