Power conference AD's support one time transfer exemption

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
Is what happens in college basketball, particularly mid majors “the big picture” ?
The big picture is that Power 5 conferences have been looking for ways to consolidate power for a decade +. They want an exclusive club where they are the only ones competing past the first round of the tournament. This is a means to that end.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
There's one player on our team in particular that has seemed to lose interest in Mike Rhoades and P6 schools would absolutely salivate over.

No I'm not naming any names and I don't want anyone else on this board to either. But it's just a demonstration of how we could be immediately harmed by this new rule.

May 4, 2012
The big picture is that Power 5 conferences have been looking for ways to consolidate power for a decade +. They want an exclusive club where they are the only ones competing past the first round of the tournament. This is a means to that end.
watching the activity level in the xfer portal the last few years there doesn't seem to be any restraint in jumping up.
the main impact is financial. non-playing kids get that extra year of free. schools would not object to not having to shell out those bucks.

Mar 1, 2015
There's one player on our team in particular that has seemed to lose interest in Mike Rhoades and P6 schools would absolutely salivate over.

No I'm not naming any names and I don't want anyone else on this board to either. But it's just a demonstration of how we could be immediately harmed by this new rule.
Well if someone gets some rabbit in his blood, giv’um a couple days in the box to get his mind right.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
watching the activity level in the xfer portal the last few years there doesn't seem to be any restraint in jumping up.
the main impact is financial. non-playing kids get that extra year of free. schools would not object to not having to shell out those bucks.
If you think there's no restraint now....

757RamFan

Top Member
Jul 17, 2016

Meh

LazyStegosaurus

Top Member
Insider
Oct 31, 2018

Very curious who you are talking about here?