Ram Fans: Time to Hunker Down

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I post this here because it is off season and the possibility exists that Florence may affect many of us in the coming days. Prepare and stay safe my friends.
Be well assured that on our side
The abiding oceans fight,
Though headlong wind and heaping tide
Make us their sport to-night.
By force of weather, not of war,
In jeopardy we steer.
Then welcome Fate's discourtesy
Whereby it shall appear
How in all time of our distress,
And our deliverance too,
The game is more than the player of the game,
And the ship is more than the crew!
Rudyard Kipling

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
The first time I saw one of these was at a bar in Baltimore during my bachelor party. We were all perplexed and amused, but one of my friends was intrigued enough to make his way across the bar in order to ask, "Hey dude, what's going on with the mask?"

The masked man replied, "Hey dude, does it fvcking look like I know what's going on?"

92VCUpikapp

Top Member
Dec 21, 2010
I've got my gas powered generator all prepped just in case, but I wonder how much effort it would take the VCU Engineering students to convert their small nuclear reactor to generate enough heat to power an electric turbine?
I think Hydro Power http://www.powerspout.com/ on your down spouts might be the right call. Calling for a butt load of rain here in RVA.

Stay safe everyone... don’t forget extra ice for your beer cooler.

Last edited:

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
I think Hydro Power http://www.powerspout.com/ on your down spouts might be the right call. Calling for a butt load of rain here in RVA.

Stay safe everyone... don’t forget extra ice for your beer cooler.
ughhhh we have NO GUTTERS on the front of our house right now. Old ones are gone, new ones are not here yet.
But we do have a standby generator and the propane tank will be topped off this week.
We have flood insurance for our business which is at the bottom of a hill.
We have a list of things to do before Thursday & we’re slowly checking things off.
Stay safe Ram fans!!!

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
It could be way worse...you could be in Jersey...

Seriously folks. Just find a way to pump the water. The wind will be long gone by the time it gets to RVA. And please folks don't drive into standing water or any other water. Don't be the Darwin experiment!