Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
VCU used a balanced effort to pick up their second consecutive A-10 win, downing Saint Joseph’s in Philadelphia, 73-60.
The Rams saw 12 players score in the victory, in a game in which they led by double digits for the majority of the contest. Sophomore, KeShawn Curry, led all scorers with a game-high 13 points. He was 5-10 from the field and added five rebounds, two assists and two steals in the win.
De’Riante Jenkins and Malik Crowfield chipped in 10 a piece for the black and gold, Crowfield seeing his most minutes since returning from a hand injury that held him out eight games this season. Crowfield was 4-5 from the field including 2-3 from beyond the three-point arc.
Marcus Santos-Silva added nine points himself, just missing yet another double-double, as the big man grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds.
Issac Vann scored six points for the Rams to eclipse the 1,000-point scoring mark for his career.
Marcus Evans got the start after missing VCU’s recent win over St. Bonaventure...
Continue reading...

May 4, 2012
Shi*, the way we have been ATS this year, you ain't lyin!
Yesterday was another play down to the competition game. I remember watching both teams zoom down pass around the arc and heave 3pt bricks back and forth back and forth. We just hit a few more than them.
Sure would like to see that go away.
Sure hoped they would stick with keeping two bigs out at a time but at least Ward was out with Douglas. MSS scoring down as a result.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Yesterday was another play down to the competition game. I remember watching both teams zoom down pass around the arc and heave 3pt bricks back and forth back and forth. We just hit a few more than them.
Sure hoped they would stick with keeping two bigs out at a time but at least Ward was out with Douglas. MSS scoring down as a result.
I almost cheered when St. Joe's finally scored first since it had been so long since anyone had scored--it was ridiculous to watch.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
The hand wringing around here on a 13 point road win is comical. Seen a few references that we didn’t dominate them—despite carrying a double digit lead for roughly the last 27 mins, never being threatened and playing every single player.

A month ago, the same crew had a great deal to say about how we were dominated by Wichita State.....in a game that had a very similar rhythm for the victors.

Reactions: DisplacedRam

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
It literally makes NO sense why they shouldn't play more 2 big's down low. I am also kinda over seeing Simms starting and getting starter minutes. I love how hard Simms works, and that's great and all but, he should come off the bench. Would like for us to start Corey/MSS at the 4/5.

Reactions: Celticguy

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
The hand wringing around here on a 13 point road win is comical. Seen a few references that we didn’t dominate them—despite carrying a double digit lead for roughly the last 27 mins, never being threatened and playing every single player.

A month ago, the same crew had a great deal to say about how we were dominated by Wichita State.....in a game that had a very similar rhythm for the victors.
Yes, beating a 4 win team by 13, and going 39 percent from the field is pure domination.....you are right.

Reactions: Celticguy

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012

Maybe wallop is a better descriptive verb.

Dec 2, 2012
So, is St Joe's new coach going to keep doing that "everyone above the three point line" stuff, or is that just his attempt to get the most he can out of a wonky transitional line up?

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Yes, beating a 4 win team by 13, and going 39 percent from the field is pure domination.....you are right.
I didn’t say that....actually didn’t pose an adjective for the win. Taking the road win and all the extra benefits that came with it. Just pointing out, the negative clown posse is highly inconsistent in their assessment criteria.

Reactions: HTTRams!

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
Did you watch SJU play Dayton or Rhody? Those were close games all the way down to the 4 minute mark before each team pulled away.
I didn’t say that....actually didn’t pose an adjective for the win. Taking the road win and all the extra benefits that came with it. Just pointing out, the negative clown posse is highly inconsistent in their assessment criteria.

Understood, still feel we should have won by 20+, but maybe I am reaching a bit.