Rams helping Rams and beyond...

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Apologies that this is not basketball centric, but more VCU Ram centric. Personally hearing only bad news has me feeling like a victim, which stinks. I thought that maybe folks would be interested in a thread where people could share short stories about Rams helping Rams, Rams helping others, or Rams in need of help, as welcome distraction. So if you have any “good news” or “I’ve come to understand X may be in need of Y short stories“ that you feel comfortable sharing we could use this thread. However if the general consensus is “this thread is not appropriate for our board” I’ll gladly delete it. No harm and no foul. 🐏🙂🏀

May 19, 2015
Apologies that this is not basketball centric, but more VCU Ram centric. Personally hearing only bad news has me feeling like a victim, which stinks. I thought that maybe folks would be interested in a thread where people could share short stories about Rams helping Rams, Rams helping others, or Rams in need of help, as welcome distraction. So if you have any “good news” or “I’ve come to understand X may be in need of Y short stories“ that you feel comfortable sharing we could use this thread. However if the general consensus is “this thread is not appropriate for our board” I’ll gladly delete it. No harm and no foul. 🐏🙂🏀
I knew you were somebody special. I stand ready to help where I can.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
I knew you were somebody special. I stand ready to help where I can.
There are a number of folks who administer, contribute, and frequent our board whose livelihoods are dependent on the viability of their small businesses (i.e. our brother @MobileMunchies). One way we can all make a positive difference is to seek out and support them whenever and wherever possible. Even though I’m down here in Raleigh, where most of the Rams wear Carolina Blue, I’ve made myself a promise to shop locally owned and operated whenever possible for the balance of the year. It does mean traveling a little farther, and in some cases playing a little more, but after the carnage I’m seen in the financial markets the past few days I know the little extra will be worth it!

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
There are a number of folks who administer, contribute, and frequent our board whose livelihoods are dependent on the viability of their small businesses (i.e. our brother @MobileMunchies). One way we can all make a positive difference is to seek out and support them whenever and wherever possible. Even though I’m down here in Raleigh, where most of the Rams wear Carolina Blue, I’ve made myself a promise to shop locally owned and operated whenever possible for the balance of the year. It does mean traveling a little farther, and in some cases playing a little more, but after the carnage I’m seen in the financial markets the past few days I know the little extra will be worth it!
Thank you for the thought and mention, my friend. I am not good at asking for help. My entire life is a history of this. But we're scared. Also something I'm not good at admitting. After urging by friends/customers, we posted something on our facebook business page about it. We're determined to come back, but the challenges are beyond comprehension. When you hear about us coming back for the first day back after 3-4 weeks indoors (not IF but WHEN), after 25 years of hurdles we've either worked around or somehow miraculously hopped over, this will have been the greatest one. I could write a book. But instead, broke as a joke, we're scheming day in and out as how best to do this.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Thank you for the thought and mention, my friend. I am not good at asking for help. My entire life is a history of this. But we're scared. Also something I'm not good at admitting. After urging by friends/customers, we posted something on our facebook business page about it. We're determined to come back, but the challenges are beyond comprehension. When you hear about us coming back for the first day back after 3-4 weeks indoors (not IF but WHEN), after 25 years of hurdles we've either worked around or somehow miraculously hopped over, this will have been the greatest one. I could write a book. But instead, broke as a joke, we're scheming day in and out as how best to do this.
J since most folks are staying at home to help constrain the spread of Covan-19, but wanted to buy a gift card from Mobile Munchies to be used later, is there a way for them to do that?

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
J since most folks are staying at home to help constrain the spread of Covan-19, but wanted to buy a gift card from Mobile Munchies to be used later, is there a way for them to do that?
Yes indeed and thanks so much for asking. We are accepting both donations and issuing gift cards when/if requested (I have the digital template available immediately).. We are https://www.facebook.com/mobilemunchies/ on facebook, and our Vemno is JKMobileM (same username at paypal or ruff bong at yahoo dot com). There's technical difficulties beyond our control going on right now. It's frustrating. But we're being more careful than we need to be right now with helping ourselves healthy in the day to day dealings, which is just as important to us as it is for everyone else, it's always been our primary concern for 5 years. We'll be ready to go when we can return there. Whatever people might find in their hearts to assist with, we both will be forever grateful

Last edited:

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
To all the Rams at the VCU Health Center who put themselves in harm’s way and work tirelessly to take care of sick folks, I would like to say “thank you.”
I'll extend that to say thank you to all our VCU/MCV graduate colleagues who are practicing anywhere right now.

My little sojourn to watch the A-10 Tourney last week has me now sitting on the sidelines for 2 weeks. I know what it feels like to ride the bench, waiting for your opportunity to get back into action!

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
To all the Rams at the VCU Health Center who put themselves in harm’s way and work tirelessly to take care of sick folks, I would like to say “thank you.”
THANK YOU!
We are still seeing all of our patients in our clinic but more than 80% are seen via phone call rather than in person. In my 30 years in healthcare I’ve never had patients thank me so profusely and genuinely after appointments. They’re all so grateful be able to stay home.

Stay well Ram fans, and wash your hands!

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
How can I get in on that
We are accepting both donations and issuing gift cards when/if requested (I have the digital template available immediately).. We are https://www.facebook.com/mobilemunchies/ on facebook, and our Vemno is JKMobileM (same username at paypal or ruff bong at yahoo dot com). Than you so much too, my friend. We're working on a return asap. Made what I think have been some serious strides tonight. Food carts/trucks are some the safest options out there right now.

Dr Joe

Top Member
Insider
Oct 12, 2017
We are accepting both donations and issuing gift cards when/if requested (I have the digital template available immediately).. We are https://www.facebook.com/mobilemunchies/ on facebook, and our Vemno is JKMobileM (same username at paypal or ruff bong at yahoo dot com). Than you so much too, my friend. We're working on a return asap. Made what I think have been some serious strides tonight. Food carts/trucks are some the safest options out there right now.
J is the best and has been for many decades. Anyone like myself who lived at VCU for four decades knows the joy of getting a healthy lunch from two smiling faces that would pick up your day EVERY day. They are special people and I for one am throwing my support their way. The fact that they are unbelievable RAM fans is just a bonus. Let me know if I can help (from Colorado) any way besides what I have already done. We are Ramily.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
J is the best and has been for many decades. Anyone like myself who lived at VCU for four decades knows the joy of getting a healthy lunch from two smiling faces that would pick up your day EVERY day. They are special people and I for one am throwing my support their way. The fact that they are unbelievable RAM fans is just a bonus. Let me know if I can help (from Colorado) any way besides what I have already done. We are Ramily.
Brought a happy tear my way last night, my friend. We both send our sincere appreciation. Better than anything to know we're not alone thru this.

rammed

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I'll extend that to say thank you to all our VCU/MCV graduate colleagues who are practicing anywhere right now.

My little sojourn to watch the A-10 Tourney last week has me now sitting on the sidelines for 2 weeks. I know what it feels like to ride the bench, waiting for your opportunity to get back into action!
My wife just got back from NYC this week where our daughter lives, so we are totally self-isolated for the next two weeks. Fortunately my employer is accommodating me with work at home. Our three kids are in three different states. Wish we were all together.

May 19, 2015
How can I just send you a check? I don’t do Facebook.