RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Great post. Unless you are routinely in the top half of a P5 conference, "lots of promise" is all you can reasonably hope for in someone this size and age. He may not work out but the potential is certainly there and w/o question worth whatever risk is entailed in my view. If he "only" turns out to be "good at his job," it is a huge win. And a 7' player who turns out to be better than "good" could be program altering.
I totally agree. If the risk/reward scenario goes our way this could be significant for the program. I just wish people would delve a little deeper into recruiting decisions before making negative comments. BMB is just a Sophomore who due to injury and immense size had his game "take off" more slowly. None of us, including the recruiting savants on these boards, know what the end result will be but Mike absolutely made the right move. Some recruiting analysts think he was one of the more under valued prospects in the portal. Mike and co. jumped on him quick. Great move in my opinion.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
I totally agree. If the risk/reward scenario goes our way this could be significant for the program. I just wish people would delve a little deeper into recruiting decisions before making negative comments. BMB is just a Sophomore who due to injury and immense size had his game "take off" more slowly. None of us, including the recruiting savants on these boards, know what the end result will be but Mike absolutely made the right move. Some recruiting analysts think he was one of the more under valued prospects in the portal. Mike and co. jumped on him quick. Great move in my opinion.
I know it's only a highlight video, so you have to take it with a grain of salt. But based on the tape and the recent rebound numbers, he seems to have good hands. We've had a lot of unsuccessful bigs who had terrible fumbling problems.

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I know it's only a highlight video, so you have to take it with a grain of salt. But based on the tape and the recent rebound numbers, he seems to have good hands. We've had a lot of unsuccessful bigs who had terrible fumbling problems.
I agree. I always remember Chuck Noe talking about the three H's with respect to recruiting. Head, hands, and heart. Those hands are so important, particularly for bigs. We know he rebounds very well and passes well so that would appear to be indicative of good hands. We also know that he is a good student and wants to better his game by transferring to the next level.

Reactions: duncanlamb and VRam
Feb 24, 2020
Top 65 in rebounds, and top 30 in blocks in the whole NCAA... 3rd team MEAC. :shock: One would think the MEAC is P5!
I'm surprised we and other P5 schools aren't trying harder to recruit players from MEAC schools to their school via transfer. There is a ton of talent in the MEAC that is overlooked. NC Central had a TON of talent on their team this year that could have played in the A10.

Reactions: PRock
Nov 20, 2009
You know, the more posts I see from some of you, the more that Celticguys make sense.
That’s a good comeback. I’ll give you that!

Sorry for smart aleck remark. In hindsight, not a way to have a conversation.

I just think some are mixing emotions with being real when assessing the value of MSS’s play and importance to the team. Heck, he was our best player for the first half of last season.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
I'm surprised we and other P5 schools aren't trying harder to recruit players from MEAC schools to their school via transfer. There is a ton of talent in the MEAC that is overlooked. NC Central had a TON of talent on their team this year that could have played in the A10.
everyone missed on kyle o'quinn out of norfolk st.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
I agree. I always remember Chuck Noe talking about the three H's with respect to recruiting. Head, hands, and heart. Those hands are so important, particularly for bigs. We know he rebounds very well and passes well so that would appear to be indicative of good hands. We also know that he is a good student and wants to better his game by transferring to the next level.
the thing I hate about that highlight reel is that no one seems to know how to throw a lob pass to him down low while he posts up. lob it to his far hand so he gets the ball where no one can reach while he seals off his man at the basket and banks it in. ( Ala Big country Reeves or Eric Montross).